JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got to see first hand tonight why we keep losing here. There are a LOT of shooters here. I have spoken to a bunch of them to let them know this finally passed. Most had no clue what I was even talking about. Had no idea this was a "thing". Then we wonder why we keep losing? :s0054:
This. A thousand times this. The same thing will happen when IP 17 and 18 goes up for vote in OR.
"Whaddya mean most of my guns are now illegal? "

Do you think this is how the local yokel is going to understand it on the side of the road?

After they confiscate the magazine/s that are outlawed do you see them returning the property to the rightful owner?
Possession is not illegal, if you legally possessed them in WA before being stopped. How is an officer going know that your magazines had not been lawfully possessed in WA before unless you volunteered that information and without that information there would be no evidence that a crime had been committed.

This. A thousand times this. The same thing will happen when IP 17 and 18 goes up for vote in OR.
"Whaddya mean most of my guns are now illegal? "
The best way to head this off is to prevent them from gathering enough signatures to put those on the ballot. Has anyone seen where they go to get signatures? Can't we go there too with some flyers indicating the top few reasons why signing is a bad idea?

The best way to head this off is to prevent them from gathering enough signatures to put those on the ballot. Has anyone seen where they go to get signatures? Can't we go there too with some flyers indicating the top few reasons why signing is a bad idea?
Problem is it's hard to win an argument on facts when the other side can't muster any mental faculties beyond "but they SKEER me and make me pizz my frilly pink sissyb-tch panties!" *snort*

Problem is it's hard to win an argument on facts when the other side can't muster any mental faculties beyond "but they SKEER me and make me pizz my frilly pink sissyb-tch panties!" *snort*
Most people don't think much about things unrelated to their lives. Someone walks up to a person who knows only what they see on TV about "gun safety" with a petition, maybe they sign. Flyers and a few conversations here and there about losing rights of self defense in today's "criminals are victims" mentality, you raise doubts. That is real to them. If you can raise doubts in peoples minds about gun bans, they may just say, "not interested" when the signature gatherer approaches them at the Saturday Market or some other public setting. You have changed a weak "sure, I guess I care about gun safety" to a weak, "maybe its not really gonna work". It can't hurt.

Last Edited:
COSTCO for one.

Allegedly they are all things Leftist and support Inslee. Allegedly of course.

If all gun owners opted to not renew their BS entry cards that would be sweet.

I am two years Costco free coming up this August.

Doubt many will trade in their Costco membership for a shot at freedom though.
I am likely supporting these gun grabbers elsewhere with my dollars but we gotta start someplace.
Four years Costco-free coming up in November. Phuq those phuq'rz...

Top Contributors, federal election data for Jay Inslee, 2020 cycle

[h4][/h4]This page shows contributions grouped by contributor to the candidate's campaign committee plus any super PACs or hybrid PACs working on his or her behalf

Select recipient:
Campaign + Outside Groups Candidate Committee only Outside Groups only
Campaign + Outside Groups
This table lists the top donors to this candidate in the 2020 cycle. The money came from the organizations' PACs; their individual members, employees or owners; and those individuals' immediate families. At the federal level, the organizations themselves did not donate, as they are prohibited by law from doing so. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

ContributorTotal
Bergman Draper Oslund$261,322
Zumiez Inc$252,845
Tamaki Law$105,600
Democracy Engine$57,800
University of Washington$56,852
Microsoft Corp$52,741
Amazon.com$42,841
State of Washington$34,098
Have A Heart$27,200
University of California$22,551
Alphabet Inc$22,165
Boeing Co$15,606
Redwood Grove Capital$11,225
Facebook Inc$11,219
Seagen Inc$9,966
Tableau Software$9,588
Wilson, Sonsini et al$8,880
US Government$8,693
Buchanan, Ingersoll & Rooney$8,436
Interurban Capital Group$8,400
Wind Stream Properties$8,400
Hawkeye Investments$8,400
University of Commiforniya... suprise suprise.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"The bill does not criminalize the possession of high-capacity magazines but instead focuses on the suppliers."

Did I read this right? So you guys up in Washington state can still possess high cap mags. Can't you just come down to Oregon to but then?

"The bill does not criminalize the possession of high-capacity magazines but instead focuses on the suppliers."

Did I read this right? So you guys up in Washington state can still possess high cap mags. Can't you just come down to Oregon to but then?
Watch this guy and it will pretty well cover what was done. Legally? No. Now if someone did, and the mags were not date stamped, and they did not pay in some way someone could prove they bought them after the cut off? I guess. For anyone to actually get charged with this for a while they would have to be doing something else to get the attention of the people who want to enforce this. Still the "wise" thing to do is anyone here who wants some, buy them now before the cut off.

I would not go to OR to buy them. I would however go to OR to pick up my previously owned standard capacity magazine that I had at my favorite OR based gunsmith for the last few months as he was checking it for malfunctions. Yes Sir, I am not importing. I am returning with my legally owned magazine I previously took out of WA as is completely legal under this new law. Yes, my gunsmith was very busy and he had it a long time, even before the law came into effect.

I would not go to OR to buy them. I would however go to OR to pick up my previously owned standard capacity magazine that I had at my favorite OR based gunsmith for the last few months as he was checking it for malfunctions. Yes Sir, I am not importing. I am returning with my legally owned magazine I previously took out of WA as is completely legal under this new law. Yes, my gunsmith was very busy and he had it a long time, even before the law came into effect.

I would expand on this and not say gunsmith but I was storing some equipment at my family's house and I just picked up some of the stuff that included magazines that had been stored there previously.

Just so this is now out their, I had a talk with my father in Oregon he's purchased me a boat ton of magazines to give to me whenever I decide to come down they're already there waiting all kinds and types.

Yep. That's what I meant. :)

Traded my G19 for an Iver Johnson break-action, single-shot, 22lr today, that should keep me legal until the next legislative session ;)
I understand that this comment is "tongue in cheek".
However....
I would trade my G19 ( if I had one ) for a Iver Johnson break action single shot .22LR...:D

With that said...
I have no issue with folks owning whatever firearm with whatever magazine capacity they wish.
I just happen to like single shot firearms.
Andy

I understand that this comment is "tongue in cheek".
However....
I would trade my G19 ( if I had one ) for a Iver Johnson break action single shot .22LR...:D

With that said...
I have no issue with folks owning whatever firearm with whatever magazine capacity they wish.
I just happen to like single shot firearms.
Andy

What if he traded for a belt fed no magazine lol

7EF508DF-158B-45AD-B77E-E28F5B86CE2F.png

Possession is not illegal, if you legally possessed them in WA before being stopped. How is an officer going know that your magazines had not been lawfully possessed in WA before unless you volunteered that information and without that information there would be no evidence that a crime had been committed.
I doubt any law enforcement officer would bother enforcing this unless they were bored, disliked the person, or needed to add additional charges to existing ones, but to answer your question - a lot of magazines have manufacture date codes molded into the body of the magazine.

Here's three examples from three different brands of AR magazines (Lancer, PMAG, MFT):

Lancer Magazine (Manufacture date 9/2016)
20220309_201923.jpg

Magpul PMAG (Manufacture date 6/2016)
20220309_201929.jpg

Mission First Tactical Magazine (Manufacture date 7/2016)
20220309_201937.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads