JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just turned away from getting the "free Subway sandwich for veterans", which is their current veterans day promotion. I spent 8 years in the military in combat arms, 3 active Army and 5 years National Guard.

Subway let me know I needed to show proof via an ID card, which the Oregon Army National Guard told me I needed to return it when I was to ETS back in 2003... I guess I may have my old active duty ID card somewhere (haven't used it since the 90's when it expired, so I don't really have a reason to carry it). They then said rather rudely that I needed to show proof! I guess I should have carried my DD 214 around to get this "free sandwich for veterans".

As a prior NCO in our United States Army I didn't feel the love from Subway.

I guess protecting themselves from theft is bad.

I'm sure NO ONE would every think to go into a place with special offers for Veterans and lie about being one to get free stuff.
:huh:

I was just turned away from getting the "free Subway sandwich for veterans", which is their current veterans day promotion. I spent 8 years in the military in combat arms, 3 active Army and 5 years National Guard.

Subway let me know I needed to show proof via an ID card, which the Oregon Army National Guard told me I needed to return it when I was to ETS back in 2003... I guess I may have my old active duty ID card somewhere (haven't used it since the 90's when it expired, so I don't really have a reason to carry it). They then said rather rudely that I needed to show proof! I guess I should have carried my DD 214 around to get this "free sandwich for veterans".

Go get that proof it is good for 10% off at home depot and lowes everyday but you have to ask for it.

I don't think its unreasonable to ask for a DD214 or other ID to get the freebie stuff. As said above, the dishonest weasels out there can make things more inconvenient for the good folks.

Keith

I don't think its unreasonable to ask for a DD214 or other ID to get the freebie stuff. As said above, the dishonest weasels out there can make things more inconvenient for the good folks.

Keith

Like I mentioned above, they were kind of rude in the manner they communicated also. My business went elsewhere tonight...

Keith

Unfortunately, the illegals don't have to show ID for freebie stuff. :angry:

Neil, as the other folks have posted above it's not a bad thing that they're asking for some proof...otherwise everybody & their brother would be trying to take advantage of the companies offering these perks...you should be commending them for doing good things for us Vets!:s0155:

Artilleryman, I guess I needed to better communicate how they handled it: They treated me very poorly with disrespectful talking down to me manner. They would not elaborate on what type of ID would be acceptable, it was as if it was to much trouble for them to provide me with customer service. The manner and tone was truly irritating to my friend who was with me aswell, and we both chose to leave immediately.

If they had just provided decent service I would still frequent Subway.

To make a long story short I was courteous in my original posting about their service...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top