JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And I do wonder if owning the kit and a Glock would be considered "constructive intent." Certainly could be sold that way to a jury at trial.
If by "kit" you mean the parts of the conversion? You don't even need the Glock. The conversion is the same as having a machine gun that is not registered. If you mean the 80% and the pistol? No, it's not going to happen as long as the person is not selling the stuff. God only knows how many people play with NFA stuff and never get in trouble. Unless you do something to end up with the Feds searching your home. Now if someone did something to get this much attention then they have been poking the bear for a good while already. Anyone buying this kind of stuff is showing they really want to end up in trouble but, it is fairly hard to end up like the guy in this story. Stuff to try to "get around" NFA laws are sold all over the place. The Feds do not have enough people to chase this down. The people who end up in the "news" are always like this clown. They may as well put a neon sign on their home saying come get me. Still just beyond stupid to play with this crap since the "fun" is just begging to ruin a life. For what? A little fun?
As for the "criminal element" that may want this stuff they are already, well criminals. So they of course do not care.

I haven't heard of a good big drug bust in quite some time, many times there are guns involved but I do not recall ever hearing of parts to make something something else being confiscated. Could it be that it wasn't on the warrant?

I use to drive a Suburban, I like all of mine. Kids, Shepherds, accouterments for a beach weekend, never filled one up. :cool:

We had a '85 3/4 ton Surburban for a while. Someone in a mustang convertible stopped short in front of it while my wife was pulling the horse trailer/with horse.
The front bumper was slightly bent, the mustang had no back seat or trunk.

I haven't heard of a good big drug bust in quite some time, many times there are guns involved but I do not recall ever hearing of parts to make something something else being confiscated. Could it be that it wasn't on the warrant?

I use to drive a Suburban, I like all of mine. Kids, Shepherds, accouterments for a beach weekend, never filled one up. :cool:

Local drug bust

OK, might be small potato's to some of the big city drug busts (see what I did there, small potato's, Idaho, get it) but around here it's a pretty good bust. Too bad they only apprehended one in the house. Suspect they were doing more business than may be apparent if they needed a cash counting machine. Than again these brain trusts may have really bad math skills.:s0062:

Will be interesting to see if the news anywhere actually follows this and tells everyone what exactly he was selling. ...

My strategy is to use media stories for search terms to get to the original sources as much as possible because media sucks. In this case, the original source is the complaint against Mr. Scrap (it's even in the caption -- so and so also known as "scrap").

Here's the link to download the complaint: https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/press-release/file/1343871/download and as many have surmised, our illustrious media left out all the interesting details.

whatReportersLeftOut.png
============================================
whatReportersLeftOut2.png
whatReportersLeftOut3.png

My strategy is to use media stories for search terms to get to the original sources as much as possible because media sucks. In this case, the original source is the complaint against Mr. Scrap (it's even in the caption -- so and so also known as "scrap").

Here's the link to download the complaint: https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/press-release/file/1343871/download and as many have surmised, our illustrious media left out all the interesting details.

View attachment 790332
View attachment 790333
View attachment 790334
Nice work! Thanks for posting this.

View attachment 790332
View attachment 790333
View attachment 790334

WOW! Sounds like this guy was really living in the fast lane here. Well I hope he thinks it was worth it as he lives in a Fed prison for a good long while.

If i ever happen to be down range from a shooter i hope their gun is full auto, for one they wont be able to hit a damn thing and two they will be almost instantly out of ammo.
That's my experience the few times I found somebody at the paintball field with full auto. Wait for them to run out of ammo then shoot them.

I was hoping someone would post a picture of this fabled control switch.
I am glad it wasn't a shoelace, imagine how many times you could be hit for those in your home.
They still make at least one version of it that is sold to Dealers to use as LE samples. Unless the google boys have scrubbed it I am sure there must be pictures of at least one of the versions since they are still made. It is a pretty simple deal. It is actually quite impressive how well the G17 works firing full auto. Testament to how well it was designed. Unless google has scrubbed them there is a lot of video of people shooting one with the switch installed. The one I got to try long ago the switch was on the back of the slide. Flip it one way it was semi, the other was FA.

They still make at least one version of it that is sold to Dealers to use as LE samples. Unless the google boys have scrubbed it I am sure there must be pictures of at least one of the versions since they are still made. It is a pretty simple deal. It is actually quite impressive how well the G17 works firing full auto. Testament to how well it was designed. Unless google has scrubbed them there is a lot of video of people shooting one with the switch installed. The one I got to try long ago the switch was on the back of the slide. Flip it one way it was semi, the other was FA.

Yeah, most aftermarket are that way because you don't need to mod the slide - just replace internal parts and the back plate. Plus it is not so obvious and you can replace it with the original parts and no one can look at it and say it was once select fire.

Geez... that sales site:

"Gen 1-4 model 17-41
Requires rework is not a prohibited product since, it is in an inoperative condition 80% drop It is not illegal for individuals to own these parts in current form. The customer and I are not required to inform.
Requires basic tooling to finish. Just replacing the backplate. This is a much more cost efficient way to own a full auto glock. The kit comes with instructions.,
When sending out we specify as spare parts for a motorcycle, we deliver practically all over the world, the delivery is free of charge.
Items no Chinese"

hahahaha!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews