JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a rifle that won't be shot more then 300 yards and will always be suppressed and more then likely will only by subsonic ammo for it would like bolt action and perfer 16inch barrel want something short and lightweight curious whats out there besides 308 and 300blackout that are good options and like to here what ppl have and how they enjoy it also would like ammo thats available and on the cheaper side I know with the world currently ending thats not doable lol

What I have so far
Omega 300 suppressor
Vortex diamond back tactical scope
Just need a rifle

H & R handi rifle in 300 black is awesome. Cz 527 in 7.62x39 with subsonic ammunition is ridiculously quiet. My little brother's response on pulling the trigger was, "did it go off?"

H & R handi rifle in 300 black is awesome. Cz 527 in 7.62x39 with subsonic ammunition is ridiculously quiet. My little brother's response on pulling the trigger was, "did it go off?"

Agreed on both. Step down from CZ 527 is Ruger American 7.62x39 Ranch Rifle. Affordable, available, and a decent rifle, especially for the money.

This stuff is available on and off:

I just had a ruger in 762x39 n ditched it due to never being able to find sub ‍(smacks head on table) guess i wasn't looking hard enough

I think it's pretty new, at least the Commie stuff is, because I don't remember seeing it before this year. I had a CZ 527M in 7.62x39 but it would have cost a bit to get the barrel threaded. Ended up selling it and buying the Ruger and was ahead a few bucks.

Assuming you are going to shoot cast bullets I would go with a 30.06 because it has a longer neck to grip the cast bullets and has a better feed reliability and you can load 240 bullets in it loaded to below 1100 fps or faster if desired.

At subsonic velocities, the best trajectory will be obtained by using long bullets with a boattail design and high BC. The barrel needs to have a conducive fast twist to stabilize heavier projectiles you may want in order to achieve energy on target. For best accuracy, the bolt action is the way to go. Most 300blk bolt and semiauto barrels come with a proper twist for heavy projectiles. The 308 not necessarily. For these you may need to stick to lower weight projectiles hand loaded to subsonic velocities, limiting the gun choice to bolt guns because they won't cycle in an AR, or stabilize with heavier projectiles.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top