JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My suppressor was made by Lauer Weaponry down in Chippewa Falls, WI. This is the very same outfit that came up with Dura-Coat firearms finishes. The person who made my suppressor there, suggested that I use the extended spout for a spray can of white lithium grease and shoot that stuff in and around the baffles as I draw the spout out of the suppressor. Said it would help keep the carbon buildup soft and be easier to clean the internal parts. Tried that once and as the suppressor heated up from shooting the dang thing started blowing smoke out the front end. Enough of that:

YVP4SsLl.jpg

Now, when I feel my suppressor's internal parts are in need of a cleaning, I'll use the 50/50 DIP and the parts come out clean and unharmed in any manner:
BEFORE
ARas6Ahl.jpg
AFTER:
NbTKMOMl.jpg

As many 15 minute soaks as it takes to get the parts clean, normally only two. The 50/50 DIP works great and has not changed the base metal (aluminum) in any way after 4 cleaning sessions, so far.

My suppressor was made by Lauer Weaponry down in Chippewa Falls, WI. This is the very same outfit that came up with Dura-Coat firearms finishes. The person who made my suppressor there, suggested that I use the extended spout for a spray can of white lithium grease and shoot that stuff in and around the baffles as I draw the spout out of the suppressor. Said it would help keep the carbon buildup soft and be easier to clean the internal parts. Tried that once and as the suppressor heated up from shooting the dang thing started blowing smoke out the front end. Enough of that:

View attachment 706386

Now, when I feel my suppressor's internal parts are in need of a cleaning, I'll use the 50/50 DIP and the parts come out clean and unharmed in any manner:
BEFORE
View attachment 706387
AFTER:
View attachment 706388

As many 15 minute soaks as it takes to get the parts clean, normally only two. The 50/50 DIP works great and has not changed the base metal (aluminum) in any way after 4 cleaning sessions, so far.
Hope you didnt pay much for that. That's a terrible silencer design.

No. I wouldnt buy one like that. No offense but It is an awful design. Its hard to convince people their baby is ugly. Spend some time with K baffles, Omegas, even clipped cones and those nearly flat cones and you'll hear the difference clear as a bell.

I have 5000 rounds or so of the 45 grain Quiet 22 . Ive had a lot more. I LOVE THAT STUFF !!! It cycles every 22 I own and its quiet. AR's, Rugers, Brownings, Colts, Smiths, High Standards. Its great ammo.

The only ammo that rivals it for its quietness and ability to cycle is Winchester Super X subsonic and i ran out of that a long time ago. It STINKS . Aguilla 60 grain is WAY too loud out the port.

Just curious. What's the box velocity on the CCI Quiet that cycles all of your .22 firearms?

Hope you didnt pay much for that. That's a terrible silencer design.
The internet is chock full of self-exalted experts. I'm happy with what I purchased, regardless of other opinions.
I get what @wired is saying, the man has built some 10-15 and shared them here.

I imagine this is an early suppressor from back before millions or tens of millions of Americans started buying or building them.

Washers and spacers were common.

Now we are spoiled with kits that you can buy for a fraction of the cost of a manufactured can, made with titanium k baffles and or nicer. That or manufactured cans have the latest technology softwares testing fluid dynamics and etc to give us the most thought it and sound reduction possible.

There is always a lot of confusion re quiet-22 cuz there are so many versions. They make a 710 fps 40 grain, and one called quiet-22 semi-automatic which is 45 grain at 835 fps (I'm not listing other versions here for clarity).

For me the 710fps 40 grain will only cycle my hk 416 22 with the adjustable spring tension dialed all the way out (and even then it doesn't cycle all the time). For everything else it won't cycle. I also find it to be very inconsistent power-wise (and therefore accuracy-wise). The 45 grain 835 fps is closer to the CCI suppressor and american eagle suppressor (both are 45 grain 970 fps) and cci standard velocity (40 grain 1070fps) which will cycle everything I own. My favorite by far is the american eagle suppressor due to consistency (and accuracy), cleanliness, and cost, but everybody has their own favorites.

There is always a lot of confusion re quiet-22 cuz there are so many versions. They make a 710 fps 40 grain, and one called quiet-22 semi-automatic which is 45 grain at 835 fps (I'm not listing other versions here for clarity).

For me the 710fps 40 grain will only cycle my hk 416 22 with the adjustable spring tension dialed all the way out (and even then it doesn't cycle all the time). For everything else it won't cycle. I also find it to be very inconsistent power-wise (and therefore accuracy-wise). The 45 grain 835 fps is closer to the CCI suppressor and american eagle suppressor (both are 45 grain 970 fps) and cci standard velocity (40 grain 1070fps) which will cycle everything I own. My favorite by far is the american eagle suppressor due to consistency (and accuracy), cleanliness, and cost, but everybody has their own favorites.

Agreed, and there is also a third version, with a box velocity of 735 FPS. I have yet to find any of my .22 caliber semi-auto firearms that will reliably cycle the 710 or 735 FPS CCI Quiet ammunition. A few will even choke on the 835 FPS variety:

50EYlCYl.jpg

The 710 FPS stuff was out long before the 835 FPS, so I have much more experience with the 710 FPS, and..............I like how Quiet it is coming out of my suppressor. Had to install a much lighter bolt, less than half the weight of the factory Ruger steel bolt, to get my Ruger Mark III 22/45 to fully function with the 710 FPS Quiet, but it's very enjoyable shooting.
Only 18, Lauer Manufacturing has made more suppressors than that. :)

If they are junk like that one I'll keep making my own. These quiet bore baffles are going in my latest integral mark 2 as soon as the form gets here next week. the performance difference between good K baffles and beveled washers is night and day.

IMG_20200601_200503.jpg

Last Edited:
I have 5000 rounds or so of the 45 grain Quiet 22 . Ive had a lot more. I LOVE THAT STUFF !!! It cycles every 22 I own and its quiet. AR's, Rugers, Brownings, Colts, Smiths, High Standards. Its great ammo.

The only ammo that rivals it for its quietness and ability to cycle is Winchester Super X subsonic and i ran out of that a long time ago. It STINKS . Aguilla 60 grain is WAY too loud out the port.

Any chance you still have some of the Quiet 45gr? I have lots of stuff to trade.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top