JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently picked up a Silencerco Sparrow 22 for my Ruger MK.IV and 10/22. I've been happy with the CCI Subsonic ammo, but looking over their website I see they offer several other options. Does anyone have experience with any of these:

.22 Suppressor (45gr JHP 970FPS)
Quiet-22 (40gr RN 710FPS)
Quiet-22 Segmented (40gr SHP, 710FPS)
Quiet-22 Semi Auto (45gr SP 835FPS)
Subsonic HP (40gr JHP 1050FPS)

Both the pistol and the rifle cycle the Subsonic HP well and its dead quiet in the rifle. The pistol is still a little loud. Let me know if you have any of the above and how they cycle through your guns.

Im looking for the Quiet-22 Semi Auto hoping that will work well in the pistol.

CCI Quiet will not cycle simi-autos. I use it on my Ruger Precision bolt .22 suppressed and its dead quit. All you hear is the click of the firing pin, then the "whap" of the lead hitting the paper down range.

For the simi-autos, I run the CCI Suppressor 45gr for flawless action and as quite as a semi-auto is going to get. (10/22 and SW M&P .22 compacts)

A pistol will always be louder than a rifle due to the shorter barrel. We have an old bolt .22 that has a crazy 26" barrel on it, with CCI quit you need NO ear pro and it's about the sound of an air rifle w/o a suppressor.

Most 1200 FPS ammo out of a 4" barrel will be subsonic, I save the subs for the rifles I shoot win 42 gr powerpoint subs for vermin and CCI std vel for gen plinking.

My 10/22 and 22/45 will not cycle anything below 900 fps. But If I want whisper quiet those I can shoot single shot.
Suppressor is an Element II. Most of the time I shoot CCI std vel at 1050. For sage rats, some of the HP 1050 perform OK, CCI segmented at 1050 is the best for rodent control but too expensive for me.
Hope this helps

I recently picked up a Silencerco Sparrow 22 for my Ruger MK.IV and 10/22. I've been happy with the CCI Subsonic ammo, but looking over their website I see they offer several other options. Does anyone have experience with any of these:

.22 Suppressor (45gr JHP 970FPS)
Quiet-22 (40gr RN 710FPS)
Quiet-22 Segmented (40gr SHP, 710FPS)
Quiet-22 Semi Auto (45gr SP 835FPS)
Subsonic HP (40gr JHP 1050FPS)

Both the pistol and the rifle cycle the Subsonic HP well and its dead quiet in the rifle. The pistol is still a little loud. Let me know if you have any of the above and how they cycle through your guns.

Im looking for the Quiet-22 Semi Auto hoping that will work well in the pistol.
I've tried all those. Cci suppressor has a cheaper and equally good alternative, American eagle suppressor. Those and cci standard velocity will cycle fine in most semi autos. Quiet .22 variants won't cycle reliably.

Pistol will be louder than rifle, no way around that. 45 grain American eagle suppressor/45 gr cci suppressor or aguila 60 gr is a happy medium of being quiet enough but still cycle. Cci standard velocity is pretty close to that noise level also and should cycle well.

My preference for both rifle and pistol is American eagle suppressor. Clean burning, quiet, Accurate/consistent, cycles well, hard hitting for a subsonic, inexpensive when on sale. Has been becoming harder to find and price increasing over the last year and a half because people are catching on to it.

Last Edited:
Awesome. Thanks for all the information. I've tried CCI standard ammo but it's too loud for my liking. Im going to wait this one out and buy some more subsonic ammo when it comes available ......in 2030

I will look for American eagle suppressor and give it a try.

Volquartsen makes a lightweight bolt and bolt handle that is supposed to work with the quiet stuff, called firefly if I recall.

Anywho, the 10/22 won't reliably cycle the quiet ammo unless you lighten up the bolt, bolt handle, and I'd imagine lighten the recoil spring as well. Might be possible with just the spring and handle?

Maybe @Reno knows?

Volquartsen makes a lightweight bolt and bolt handle that is supposed to work with the quiet stuff, called firefly if I recall.

Anywho, the 10/22 won't reliably cycle the quiet ammo unless you lighten up the bolt, bolt handle, and I'd imagine lighten the recoil spring as well. Might be possible with just the spring and handle?

Maybe @Reno knows?
Most subsonic ammo won't cycle without a lighter bolt or spring.

CCI standard velocity is almost always win as far as functional cycling and sound goes.

I have 5000 rounds or so of the 45 grain Quiet 22 . Ive had a lot more. I LOVE THAT STUFF !!! It cycles every 22 I own and its quiet. AR's, Rugers, Brownings, Colts, Smiths, High Standards. Its great ammo.

The only ammo that rivals it for its quietness and ability to cycle is Winchester Super X subsonic and i ran out of that a long time ago. It STINKS . Aguilla 60 grain is WAY too loud out the port.

Last Edited:

Maybe @Reno knows?

Correct! This 10/22 is set up with the "Firefly" bolt and will cycle CCI Quiet (710 FPS) perfectly. Very quiet shooting:

sCIt0RXl.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads