Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Subsonic ammo??

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by goatguns, Oct 25, 2012.

1. goatguns

goatguns Dallas OR Member

hello all, Where are you guys getting your 22lr subsonic ammo? I am looking to get some and I figured you guys and gals would know where the cheapest places were. Either local to salem or via internet. thank you all for your help. :thumbup:

2. TDH

TDH Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Walmart had some the last time I was there, as did Wholesale Sports, A few different brands if I recall. Online I've bought from EA Author Brown, at the time I was looking I remember they had some good prices on Aguila. The Walmart was up north from there, but I bet they carry the same stuff. I may have even seen some CCI or Rems at Bi-Mart.

3. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

4. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

What are you shooting? The barrel length will matter, many times you do not need to buy sub-sonic, others will be sub-sonic by default.

CCI standard velocity, work well in my 10/22 with a 16.5" barrel, I can't tell the difference between that and Remington sub-sonic, from Walmart.

CCI quiet, would not cycle to guns.

Ruger 22/45, with a 4" barrel, I had it cut down, can shoot high velocity and be just as quite as sub-sonic.

BTW I am using a SS Sparrow

5. goatguns

goatguns Dallas OR Member

I am shooting a savage fvsr 16.5" bolt gun with a sparrow ss as well. And NWcid thank you for the link they have good prices. If I dont have to buy sub sonic to get the same sound that would be great as they are more expensive.

6. rayd8

rayd8 Formerly Portland, now Alabama! Member

Same conclusions with CCI standard and Sparrow supressor with a savage 22.

7. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I highly recommend the CCI 40 grain subsonics and for a 10/22 with supressor, the poly buffer bolt stop pin

8. DK47

DK47 Beaverton, OR Member

Great info guys, Woohoo! <---Future Sparrow owner

9. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Meant to say Volquartsen poly buffer pin

10. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

For my 77/22 all I have ever run is the Aguila 38gr SS ammo. I shoot out to 300 yard with it. I have run close to 10k of it over the past few years.