JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings,
Recently purchased my first 6.5 Creedmoor, 22"barrel, 1:8 twist. I have been looking for subsonic ammo and I do not see any factory rounds available. What I did find was this link 6.5CM 160 grain RN SUBSONIC – Custom Reloads of Dallas
I have no experience reloading, but after talking with him and some reviewing he seems legit, though Dallas is a long way from home.

Do we have any custom loaders here in the N.W. that can do what he is doing? I would appreciate your recommendations.

Thanks,
teis

Youd have the same issues you have with loading subsonic .308's except much lower heavy bullet availability. Sure its possible but its not entirely practical. If you use just about any rifle powder in small quantities it will have the ability to do a secondary detonation. Trail Boss is your best bet for a play around subsonic powder . Not the most consistent powder in large cases ut you won't be able to over fill it.

If you arent reloading with a creedmore or ANYTHING subsonic you need to start.

Thats why I thought it would be worthwhile to check in if there are any commercial custom reloaders here in the N.W., maybe better price, less shipping?

If I was reloading, it would just be this caliber, from what little I have reviewed it would be probably be what, $400.00 to $600 investment? Though it would go north of that pretty soon if purchasing his customs, even if sending him brass.

Received this reply from Copper Creek.

Copper Creek Sales <[email protected]>

2:24 PM (6 hours ago)

to me

Tom,Yes sir we can manufacture 160gr Hornady round nose subsonic rounds for you. Subsonic Ammunition is $49.99 per 20 rounds or $64.99 per load development pack if you want to dial in a load specifically for your rifle.
Thank You,

Josh Lapin

CopperCreek.png
CopperCreekAmmo.com

The 6.5 Creedmore was designed for the long range Shooters and loading it to the subsonic level would Completely defeat the purpose of the Cartridge. If you are looking for a subsonic, look at the Blackout.

The 6.5 Creedmore was designed for the long range Shooters and loading it to the subsonic level would Completely defeat the purpose of the Cartridge. If you are looking for a subsonic, look at the Blackout.

Or get a 22 LR and get some standard velocity...... $0.05 a round.

Sorry, I think I created some confusion here.I would enjoy the subsonic rounds with suppressor/muzzle break. Yes, 6.5 is not ideal for subsonic, but some make reliable reloads using within short range, guessing relatively good accuracy 100 to 150 yds.. My supersonic round use with suppressor will mostly be well under 300yds for target, and hunting. Erslll, I do shoot .22 subsonics, and love it, my favorite is CCI Standard Velocity out of a CZ455.

Do we have any custom loaders here in the N.W. that is doing what this company is? 6.5CM 160 grain RN SUBSONIC – Custom Reloads of Dallas I would appreciate your recommendations if you know any.

From a practical/economical standpoint it seems a reload will be best option.

Thanks,
teis

Doing "Custom" Reloading for any caliber is NOT really cost effective. I suggest you look into what Lee Loader might be available in that caliber. I think it will depend on just how much Ammunition you need. I've seen some VERY good deals on reloading presss etc. on this site and also at the Gunshows. That's where I would suggest you start looking. The price you quoted doesn't sound too bad. It does make Reloading look better and better.:)

Friends, family, and I enjoy it, because its quiet. Not using this for a game round.

I recently dug up my break barrel pellet gun -- set up a target on a 2x6 plank at the other end of my garage. I take a few shots periodically -- walk in to get a saw, shoot five or so, then go about my business. Return the saw, take a few shots, then put it away. It's actually been great fun and it is helping me with my offhand skills which honestly, I don't practice enough. It's also very quiet -- psshhht. Surprisingly though, lead-free pellets are about the price of 22s.

Wired and Awshoot,
Thank you. Off subject but BTW your paint gun and cat photos would win a prize in the right entry (always depends on the jurors), my wife is a pro. artist, so I am around these things 24/7.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top