JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dove in finally and submitted two forms to manufacture my own suppressors.

Electronic filed under an individual since nobody else I know wanted to be on a trust with me.

Hopefully NFA tracker is right and I should be good somewhere in the 5-7 months for approval.

Planning on building one for 22 cal and one for 30 cal.

I have a nice Ruger American Rimfire that's begging for suppression along with a 308 that's been threaded for two years and never had something mounted to it.

Always curious about this. Did you have to submit plans for the design Ott just details?

Care to share the design?

Always curious about this. Did you have to submit plans for the design Ott just details?

Care to share the design?
Submit caliber and length.

Since I can make them shorter than designed.... I submitted a 14" long measurement in the paperwork.

Plans will come from the internet and some of those DIY websites. I won't get much into where and how but you should get the idea. Stainless steel and aluminum.

Submit caliber and length.

Since I can make them shorter than designed.... I submitted a 14" long measurement in the paperwork.

Plans will come from the internet and some of those DIY websites. I won't get much into where and how but you should get the idea. Stainless steel and aluminum.
I always figured there was more involved for making silencers on form 1s. This is something I may have to consider in time to come.

I always figured there was more involved for making silencers on form 1s. This is something I may have to consider in time to come.

I used SilencerShops service.

I paid them $205 for a stamp and $34 for them to submit and handle all paperwork, fingerprints and photo.

I went to Mazama in Eugene and did fingerprints through their self service kiosk which cost me $0, filled out their form online, electronically signed the documents once they were filled out. I used my phones camera to take a photo and uploaded it.

So far.... it's been extremely simple and I have maybe 30 minutes of time into it aside from a drive to Eugene.

I used SilencerShops service.

I paid them $205 for a stamp and $34 for them to submit and handle all paperwork, fingerprints and photo.

I went to Mazama in Eugene and did fingerprints through their self service kiosk which cost me $0, filled out their form online, electronically signed the documents once they were filled out. I used my phones camera to take a photo and uploaded it.

So far.... it's been extremely simple and I have maybe 30 minutes of time into it aside from a drive to Eugene.
Ya, I've done a form one service through silencershop for an SBR, super easy. Did all my silencers through them too.

I've never known that submitting for silencers on form ones required so little.

Keep us updated please, I'll be interested in seeing your results in a few months to come.

3/11/18
Checks cashed
AFT received

Now I wait. Maybe.. just maybe an e-filed form 1 individual will go quick...

Silencers were given a name in 1912 by their inventor because that's who gets to name the device he invents. They went along just fine with that name for 60+ years until some hack Soldier of Fortune "journalist" decides he wants to rename them to convince government purchasing agents to buy more of them so he gives them a softer, squishier name. Sorry buddy, you don't get to rename something because you think you can sell more of them to limp dicked government logisticians.

Whenever I buy or build a Silencer I proudly check the SILENCER box on my form 1 or 4. Suppressors are for appeasists.

128 days as of now.

NFA tracker says I'm ½ of the way there.

As of 7/15/18

153D03E9-E248-4D52-827B-0CD6CE96C15F.png

I'm sure glad I did both at the same time. Maybe I should have added a third or fourth in there just for future builds.

Stamps received!!!

764C6228-A409-4BF6-8F2F-0D8F4B8A2512.jpeg

129 days from check cashed.

Permission to build two cans. Woohoo!

That is awesome!
So let me get this straight, you applied for one through silencershop, and a second one by yourself ?

Both individual to manufacture.

Used Silencershops service to do all paperwork and submit etc.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top