JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You dont have to fall for anything. Do whatever you want. You may not legally repair a silencer you build on a form 1 with new parts you build because that would be building a new silencer. Ive spent half my life buying and building silencers and I know the law well and dont feel like spending a lot of time "proving" how good my google foo is. A Manufacturer is a 02/07 designation. A maker is a one shot one time only form 1 thing. Break it and it has to go to an actual manufacturer for repair. unless you are just shortening it and not putting new parts in it.

The above citations say exactly what I said. You are choosing to interpret them in a novel way. The ATF does not care about how you choose to interpret them. Any part of a silencer IS A SILENCER . Build a replacement part and you need a fresh form 1.

For emphasis..

""A person who is licensed under the Gun Control Act (GCA) to manufacture firearms and who has paid the special (occupational) tax to manufacture National Firearms Act (NFA) firearms may replace a component part or parts of a silencer..............Persons other than qualified manufacturers may repair silencers, but replacement parts are "silencers" as defined in 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(24) that must be registered and transferred in accordance with the NFA and GCA.""

Last Edited:
Silencers were given a name in 1912 by their inventor because that's who gets to name the device he invents. They went along just fine with that name for 60+ years until some hack Soldier of Fortune "journalist" decides he wants to rename them to convince government purchasing agents to buy more of them so he gives them a softer, squishier name. Sorry buddy, you don't get to rename something because you think you can sell more of them to limp dicked government logisticians.

Whenever I buy or build a Silencer I proudly check the SILENCER box on my form 1 or 4. Suppressors are for appeasists.

What'd you call my mama?! o_O

:D

When I was in the Army stationed in Germany one of my German friends came over to the barracks and he was stunned how much we talked sh!t about each other. He could make no sense of it at all.

When I was in the Army stationed in Germany one of my German friends came over to the barracks and he was stunned how much we talked sh!t about each other. He could make no sense of it at all.

That was my experience over there as well. It's because Germans are too "Teutonic", and aren't really known for a sense of humor...... case in point, "nuts". ;)

Hey my mom is German and you got nailed that one perfectly!!:D

Zis is your muzzer, ja??

fraublucher.gif

That was my experience over there as well. It's because Germans are too "Teutonic", and aren't really known for a sense of humor...... case in point, "nuts". ;)

My friend in Munich had a pretty good sense of humor, for a German. That's up until Trump got elected. He's gone off the deep end and can't seem to find humor in anything any longer. It's pretty depressing.

Overall, still very pleased with my two devices.

Rocking the 6.5CM and running the PC-9 along with .308 on the same can is a wonderful thing!

Ran some subsonics with the PC-9 a while back and only sound was bolt cycling.

6.5 has some serious tamed recoil. With the can it was about ¼ of without. Not a huge recoil to start with...

DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY
BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO AND FIREARMS
WASHINGTON, DC 20226

AUG 23 1999

901040:GS
5320/99-0115

Dear Mr. Bardwell:

This is in response to your letter of June 28, 1999, regarding the
repair of a silencer by an individual owner. You ask "whether it
is lawful for the owner of a lawfully possessed silencer ... to
repair that silencer himself, by replacing unserialized internal
components with new components of his own making." You cited the