JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to Vancouver today and put in my application for a WA CPL. I felt soooooo bare not being able to have my M&P on me. I hate that feeling. Funny how it used to be the norm and I didn't really think about it. But now that I've been carrying for close to a year, I can't stand to be without it (kind of like Linus and his blanket).

So, hopefully I'll get the WA license and then won't have to disarm when I go to Washington.

I moved back up here from SoCal and promptly went in for my CPL. Found out that I could just renew, as I had lived out of state, rather than just letting it expire for 20+ years. License was in my mailbox the next day. Later, the Sheriff told me that he hollered at me as I was leaving, but I hadn't heard him. If I had, I'd have picked up my license before I left.

Same thing happened the next time I renewed, except it was the new Sheriff.

Same thing happened when FirstInLine got her license.

:D

Pops

Wish to say congratulations!

I got my original when I turned 21in 1979 at Island county when I was stationed at Whidbey Island air base and have had it ever since. Renewals are fast and easy and for me living in Idaho now I get them in redone in Spokane.

Just a reminder to keep up on the laws in each state as they can change from time to time and what is valid in one state may not be in others.

Went to Vancouver today and put in my application for a WA CPL. I felt soooooo bare not being able to have my M&P on me. I hate that feeling. Funny how it used to be the norm and I didn't really think about it. But now that I've been carrying for close to a year, I can't stand to be without it (kind of like Linus and his blanket).

So, hopefully I'll get the WA license and then won't have to disarm when I go to Washington.
I'm a WA resident but that's exactly why I got my OR one many years ago.

Is it hard for an Oregonian to get their nonresident liscense in Washington?-
Go to any Sheriff's office. Bring $52.25, cash speeds things up, fill out the ap (very short, looks like what you have to fill out for an FFL to purchase a pistol...a bit different, but not much) get your fingerprints taken electronically, sign your app and go home, they will mail it. They have 60 days for a Non-resident license, most counties are much quicker than that...

BTW: you do not have to disarm in WA if you do not have a CPL. OC is 100% legal, and actually not uncommon. We do have a catch that if you do not meet an exemption in RCW 9.41.060 ( (8) is the one most people qualify for, you can CC or OC while: going to, coming from, or participating in, an outdoor recreational activity...no CPL, hunting or fishing license required...camping, hiking, horseback riding...whatever), you are not supposed to have a loaded weapon in a vehicle, and of course, you are not supposed to be concealed unless you meet and exception...but there are plenty of Execptions in .060 Loaded OC on foot is always legal...no funny local laws to worry about.

One thing to remember...In WA, even with a CPL...No loaded long guns in a vehicle...unless you have a disabled hunting license. (that is in RCW 77 and is not part of general handgun law (RCW 9.41))

In WA the def. of a loaded long gun is mag not locked in the weapon or shell chambered so I carry two filled mags in the same bag as my KT SU-16C since I was harassed by four guys on the way home from work. It started a block from home and they followed me right to my house too. I reported it to the sheriffs office and they contacted the perps, but no report was ever filed! In fact they even came back later that night and stopped, but fled when they saw I was hiding between the cars and had my AR out. Since then I've been followed several times too. Seemingly they live down the road from where I turn off too. For a while there we had a lot of low tires too with no repairs needed. Never did catch anyone though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top