JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wasnt sure if this or the events section was better to ask.

Other than the Albany shoot, I wish for these to happen again, are there any MG/subgun events in OR? Any MG/subgun comps or events?

I'm pretty sure the annual Albany machine gun shoot is no more. Sadly.

Was something to do with being unable to find an insurer whom would cover the event, at a reasonable price.

Least that was the case a few years back, then we moved south.

ARPC (Albany), did still have there weekly machine gun shoot on the calendar. But that was for members. Not-anywhere near the same as there annual advertised open to the public shoot.

Hopefully they were, or will be able to bring back the annual event!

Is the weekly event an actual run and gun type thing? IPSC, USPSA like?

I might just have to give them a call and see if they would let a non member attend a shoot with the intent to become a member if I like it! Too bad it's still a couple hour drive to Albany.

I hope they are able to get their annual event running again. It was awesome last time I was there.

Any other events for MG owners in the state? Hoping for events that are 2/3gun, USPSA, IPSC, etc inspired with poppers and all sorts of fun.

Thanks!!

The monthly ARPC subgun shoot is open to non-members. Pistol caliber or .22LR only. The course of fire varies. Usually there is some movement, but it isn't athletic by any means.

If you don't have your own subgun, bring new factory ammo and there is usually someone there willing to let you use their gun if you load the mags. The shoot is also open to PPC shooters who have their own category.

It usually happens the 3rd Saturday of the month, but with the current situation, it would be best to check the ARPC online calendar. It looks like the next event will be in July.

Last Edited:
Thanks guys! I'm impatiently waiting on my F4. it would be a lot of fun to get back to competitive shooting and FA is just the icing on the cake!

I shot an email out to the email address on the event with a bunch of questions.

One sat a month at arpc albany. Their was a group of members who had subgun shoot. Not serious competition but retired FUN group.
Call albany and verify if still operating ? Member only maybe guest membership pile up front then $$250 annual ?

Alrighty, stamp is back already! came in a few days ago. ~5 month wait for a 2 person trust. Hell yeah!

I'll have to call Albany this coming week. Maybe I can make it to the November match or an October match if it's late in the month.

Alrighty, stamp is back already! came in a few days ago. ~5 month wait for a 2 person trust. Hell yeah!

I'll have to call Albany this coming week. Maybe I can make it to the November match or an October match if it's late in the month.

If you want to just give it a run at a range, ARPC allows such outside of organized meet-ups (for members):

9. Full auto firing is permitted on:
a. Mondays,WednesdaysandFridaysbetween10amand4pm.
b. Second and fifth Sundays and the first, third and fourth Saturdays of each
month between 10am and 4pm.
c. Duringclubscheduledfullautoevents.

Depending upon where you live, it may be worthwhile for you to become a member, and head there at your convenience. As opposed to when clubs have a scheduled day. NB, I don't know that FA meetups are open to the public regardless...

I live at least a couple hours from the range. Not exactly a convineient range to go to.

I do have a buddy with a private range that I'll be running it on quite a bit.

I havnt asked at all the ranges local to me if I could run it during PCC and multigun matches. I know one range near me doesn't like FA or SBRs. Or 50BMG for that matter.

I live at least a couple hours from the range. Not exactly a convineient range to go to.

I havnt asked at all the ranges local to me if I could run it during PCC and multigun matches. I know one range near me doesn't like FA or SBRs. Or 50BMG for that matter.

Yah, then not worthwhile to join just for subgun stuff. Agree.

On a similar note of distance to range, had considered joining COSSA out past Bend when we lived in Salem. However that would have been for distance stuff & tie into camping out there.

Most ranges don't allow full-auto, or simulations of such. Binary triggers, bumping etc.

Sadly the BIG problem you will run into is insurance. Can't really blame the people who sell the policy. How would you like to figure out how to insure a range that wants to allow people to come and shoot with FA? They are of course scared someone who has no clue will hurt others, then here come the lawyers. Its going to get harder and harder to find a range that will allow this at all due to this. Would be fun as hell to be able to get together with some others and just head out to a safe place to shoot them. I often miss being able to do this. Also now until the damn ammo panic is over it's harder to find people who really want to dump a few K rounds down range in one sitting :D

COSSA is a neat range. Used to shoot rimfire shoots there in highschool.

I do wish MGs were more common. Hard to find folks to go shoot MGs with that don't want to just mag dumps for no reason.

On the flip side of that it is really cool to introduce people to NFA items. I've converted more than a few who have gone out and does F1 SBRs and suppressors or F4 suppressors.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top