JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so...
I need a work car that gets great gas mileage and is awesome in all weather. I have a tundra, a land cruiser, and a classic.
That's my preface.
I went to drive a legacy sedan and the new one is awesome. But,,,,, the wagon is more usable.
So you get where I'm going with this. Do republican macho men drive the outback?
Cause I like them. They drive like great. Handle very well.

I loved my wife's Outback for winter driving and trailhead parking. Parked my 4x4 during winter snow and drove the Wagon with studs and went everywhere I wanted but it's not a rig that will get you into the pants of hot chicks unless it's really cold and wet and they can't get another ride home....:p Wife wouldn't get another when she found out they're Lezmobiles.....

Lol the wife has my pickup this weekend out of town. I'm bacheloring it with her legacy.

I've heard the newer lesburus have better head gaskets than the slightly older ones.

An 08. A guy at work has a 2010. Both had leaky head gaskets between 75 and 100k miles. Super common on these. That's how my tax return is getting spent. $1500 because they have to pull the motor.

I've heard the newer ones are better. Great little cars though. I put some Hankook ipike studless snow tires on it this winter and it's pretty much unstoppable.

Get the 555 Impreza
sjwhgvshodrr5bpj4cua.gif

We currently have two foresters and they are nice, safe and dependable.

If I were younger I'd drive something else - and did - but at this point I don't care what others think of my ride.

A side benefit is that no matter which car we get into the controls (other than radio stations) are the same.

The head gasket issue is well known, and you should research it a bit. They do require some more maintenance than a non-Boxer type powered car.

Their AWD is well respected - their newer CVT transmissions are not. If at all possible get one with a manual transmission, if you can find one. There are several MT subbies I have seen on the used market (I am shopping for a small AWD car too).

I would prefer the Impreza wagon over the Outback unless you do a lot of people/stuff hauling, in which case I would prefer the Forester over the Outback.

I don't care for the newer Outbacks and Foresters though - they keep getting larger and larger, more and more SUV every year.

I just bought a 2016 Crosstrek. We have a Tacoma 4x4 also, but I prefer the Crosstrek. The new CVT transmission is awesome....this coming from a guy who sold his 500hp TwinTurbo Porsche and enjoys driving the Crosstrek more than the Pcar...lol

Last Edited:
I had a 2014 Forester and I sold it after one year. It was burning one quart of oil in about 800/1000 miles or so. They said that was normal and wouldn't do anything about it. Well that's not normal for me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top