JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny, I just shot my first 308 subsonic Saturday. Lapua from Midway. Really quiet through an SDN6.

It dropped 10"-12" at 100 yards from where I was getting a 2" group with 168g Sierra ammo. Accurate though, about a 4" group (I am not the best at LD shots). Fun and worth it at times ($2/round), but agree if you like subsonic 300blk is the way to go.

<broken link removed>

Not quite half way down the page, the 150 grain bullet with 10 grains of Trail Boss. These are subsonic out of my 20" Remington. There are recipes out there but this is the only one I have tried.

Edit - looks like I can't post the load sheet for .308, but it is listed on that page.

Last Edited:
yea I don't want to buy another rifle... so 300 blackout isn't an option.

I also don't want to spend over 2 bucks a round.

I found some for 20.06 a box of 20, but they are not in stock. nor is the stuff from SW.... most of the people listing it don't have any. the stuff on midway would be almost 3 bucks a round after shipping...

Southwest ammo says in stock, all the way through the checkout. It is spendy though. How about this one? It also says in stock, ships immediately.

<broken link removed>

Reload for a lot less.

how do you figure???

I can buy match grade subsonic 308 for $1.00 each... now factor in all the equipment, time and components... I would need to make over 12,000 rounds to break even to cover the cost of the equipment... not including my time. and my time is precious to me. so I think you need to do some simple math before you can say {reload for a lot less}

Let alone I cant even find primers

I have been loading since 1974 and a single stage press can be had for about $50. Dies another $50.

12000 rounds at $1 per round is $12,000. All of the loading equipment and supplies I used over the last 40 years didn't cost that much. How valuable is your time? $30 or $50/hr? You'll still save money.

I load match grade 300 Win mag for about 40 cents a pop including everything except the brass the first time out. Your cartridge uses about 2/3 as much powder, and the same bullets and primers. Sub-sonic loads use about 1/4 or less powder. Reloading yourself will get you better accuracy than any factory ammo ever made, tuned to your rifle.

As for the math, I am a retired mechanical engineer and think I am pretty good at it since the millions of $ in equipment I designed for making jet engine parts are still working after decades of use. Also do taxes for people who can't do the math. Could help you save a bunch if willing to listen. Also have a friend that is doing exactly what you want for a lot less.

Ask for help and shoot the ones willing to help. Never a good plan.

PM me if you have the time.

Btw, I have primers. Everyone here knows I have primers for less $ than everyone here will sell them for. Might even give you some for free. Sold about a half million of them between the first of December and the end of February during the peak of the craziness for a lot less than anyone is selling them for now, just to trying to keep people shooting. Got stabbed in the back a few times with that too, but I am still willing to help those in need. If I was in it for the money, I could have sold them for a lot more.

I appreciate the advice. im just not looking to get in to the reloading game. I would rather pay someone that has a lot more experience in the art of doing it. then run the risk of destroying one of my weapons. and I just don't have the time.

I have had one local member offer and I hope that works out. Im also in the Milwaukie area. if your willing to reload some 308 we can work something out.

yes???

308 sub sonic SDN6 Can... - YouTube

the 175gr in the video worked great. but the 225gr didn't stabilize in my rifle...

8981727722_fc402448cc_c.jpg

8981727722_fc402448cc_c.jpg

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.