JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You moved my NEW button to the far left. Muscle memory keeps clicking on the wrong option now. :mad:

650110E2-1064-48F5-A32D-AD99856D28F1.jpeg

....course then I just did the same danged thing as you did....

6BCEE25C-5F31-4647-8367-F950A4156629.jpeg

Is minimizing some areas possible to help navigate to preferred subforums?
Or should i just stop being lazy and set my status to be notified of any new threads in a preffered topic area? ;)

Do you mean on the front page?

You moved my NEW button to the far left. Muscle memory keeps clicking on the wrong option now. :mad:

Yeah, sorry about that. I know it's going to mix up a few folks, but it makes more sense to have the most popular button first on the list (especially on mobile).

I use this site exclusively on mobile and preferred the look before the change.

I always appreciate the work you put in to make the site better @Joe Link, I expect not everyone will like everything. But I feel like I owe you an honest evaluation. The former style loaded well on my iPhone, did not look cluttered, and kept everything nicely segmented, which assisted in finding things. This new way is simpler, but things just seem to run together.

And again, I liked the subsections. So I'm 0/2 on today's change.

I always appreciate the work you put in to make the site better @Joe Link, I expect not everyone will like everything. But I feel like I owe you an honest evaluation. The former style loaded well on my iPhone, did not look cluttered, and kept everything nicely segmented, which assisted in finding things. This new way is simpler, but things just seem to run together.

I always appreciate honest feedback. I'll keep this in mind.

Do you mean on the front page?

Yeah, sorry about that. I know it's going to mix up a few folks, but it makes more sense to have the most popular button first on the list (especially on mobile).
Did you just add them or change the contrast a little to make them more apparent?;)

Me likey...what I've noticed at least.

In the "Handgun" section there used to be several subsections and then the general section. I never knew if I should post something in the subsection or the general section.

Now that I'm up working I'd like to dig into your opinion a little more for clarification :)

Two things happened, one being the styling changes (removal of the descriptions on the main page, etc) and one being the sub-forum changes which we're discussing in this thread. The reason for removing the section descriptions, especially on mobile, was because it made the page literally twice as 'long', requiring more scrolling from the user. When you say nicely segmented, are you referring to the style, these descriptions, etc, or are you referring to the sub-forums?

Did you just add them or change the contrast a little to make them more apparent?;)

I'm not sure what you're referring to :)

Me likey...what I've noticed at least.

In the "Handgun" section there used to be several subsections and then the general section. I never knew if I should post something in the subsection or the general section.

This was one of the problems, there were multiple places you could post a thread and 'technically' be posting in the correct place. It was confusing and redundant.

When you say nicely segmented, are you referring to the style, these descriptions, etc, or are you referring to the sub-forums?

I mean that the length of page wasn't an issue for me as a user (if it's a bandwidth problem, like Andy, I am not tech savvy). The section descriptions and date of last post broke everything up nicely to where everything didn't blend together in one long homogeneous list of sections. I just thought it looked nicer, and to the issue of practicality, I thought the description section where it showed the info like date of last post was nice to have.
Hope that helps. Thanks for the hard work Joe.

I mean that the length of page wasn't an issue for me as a user (if it's a bandwidth problem, like Andy, I am not tech savvy). The section descriptions and date of last post broke everything up nicely to where everything didn't blend together in one long homogeneous list of sections. I just thought it looked nicer, and to the issue of practicality, I thought the description section where it showed the info like date of last post was nice to have.

That's exactly the info I was looking for, thank you :)

Taking this feedback into consideration, I've just re-added the latest post info for mobile :s0155:

Thoughts?

Taking this feedback into consideration, I've just re-added the latest post info for mobile :s0155:

Thoughts?

That is considerably better. I don't mind more scrolling. Anymore, with a touch screen it's just a swipe of the finger anyway. The added information is both informative and helpful in breaking up the long lists of sections.

Now, about my bolt-action sub forum...;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top