JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well as you all may know Ole Caveman is a fishin machine, not as well oiled or greased as he once was in his younger years but for all intensive purposes he does what he can to stay fishy smellin...

Anyways, I got shanghied by @oknow into venturing down South to the Big C to angle for a bit larger tablefare than in recent memories.
Gators he sad, it'll be fun he said & mentioned the wakeup text will be 2:15 am Saturday morning. IS THAT EVEN REMOTLY POSSIBLE after a few Crown Royals???

It was dark but no precipitation around (thank goodness) and no pressure at the ramp, we put the Gator killer in & waited for daylight to venture out into the Big C, yeah it was still DARK!!!!

Our first anchor stop revealed a few bites & the youngin released an undersized fish, not worthy of the Gator namesake.
The second stop was a little better but no keepers wanted to play so we headed down river a bit. This is where the magic happened, fish were being fought all around us then it was my turn to actually play with a Gator.
It hit hard, not like how @oknow was telling us to watch for a wimpy trout bite while the boat was swingin side to side in the wind... No sir, it was like a ginormous Kokanee ripping the rod out of the downrigger!!!

Not really.
I set the hook visiously sharp with my 8 1/2 foot Lamisnap salmon rod while the crew all jibbed me at my choice of Gator battling gear.... He he he boys, watch the Caveman show you how to fight a fish with inferior gear....
Boy Howdy, the shear power of these dinosaurs is astounding to say the least, it made 3 thumb burning runs but I wore that big baskum out finally...
It only took @oknow 2 attempts to fit the Gator in a salmon net... but he got r done. We taped it many times but is still was 5" to friggin long & had to go back!!!
:mad:
I nearly cut two fingers off my right hand from the barbs on its side!!! Call the USCG for an airlift!!!!:eek:
The crew saved me (thank goodness, it nearly maimed me for life) I asked for medical assistance. Was told that I didn't need anything & to quit screaming like a little girl..... Well I kept really persistent about needing a turniquet & nearly bled to death before @oknow found a few small bandaids in the 1st aid kit. :oops::oops::oops:

The young lad & I were giving the captain much greif due to his fishless outing so far that the Fish God's had pitty on him & let the only keeper sized Gator in the Big C bite his line & come aboard to die......:p:p:p

Never a trip with @oknow, always an Adventure. At least on this Gator trip we didn't have to throw chains on his F350. That is another adventure we lived through.:D:D:D Yeah I had to take pain meds after that foolish stunt...
The kapitans keeper... 20180915_152305.jpg
My near maimed for life injuries fighting said dinosaur:p... 20180916_161229.jpg

IMG952807.jpg

Last Edited:
Haven't you heard? everything's bigger in idaho!;)

I found a video I wanted to share with y'all but, it's beyond my technical abilities.

Notwithstanding, here's a snapshot from the clip: 29750172_958908470945618_6396466429710008044_o.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top