JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got me a 60 lb fatty today. Kinda nice for January on the river...

unnamed.jpg

Well considering where it was caught that would be physically impossible. And the fact that I released it will help also.

I love fishing, but the entire Colombia river is toxified, especially bottom feeders. Dis you see the 1200 lb monster that was caught some years ago?

Actually I enjoy eating and catching sturgeon near Astoria or in the bays of Oregon. Most of these fish spend a lot of time in the ocean and are quite tasty. If you fillet one and it has a lot of yellow brown meat on the outside flesh they are not good to eat. Just my opinion.... Fishing in Astoria area can be phenomenal in the summer. I have a couple secret spots were it's not uncommon to catch 20 keepers and or oversized fish in one day. Fishing below Bonneville dam is great but very dangerous if you don't know what your doing. Anchoring in deep very fast water can sink your boat very quickly. I used to be a guide and sturgeon was my specialty. Still go every chance I get. If anybody wants some tips or good places to go Pm me.
Fish On!

Link to Sturgeon Life cycle info

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=lQG-9B3mdz0bk4KLe2sWjg&bvm=bv.59568121,d.cGU

And yes keeping sturgeon in the state of Oregon is becoming a thing of the past. Kinda BS if you ask me. Sport fishers are not the problem. Native americans and gill nets are. I think there are a lot more sturgeon than the ODFW thinks there are.

Wa is doing the same crap my friend can put ya on sturgeon in the chehalis like there is no tommorow yet the season is closed the wa department of wildlife is waiting to have a meeting to determine if it will reopen or not those jackwagons can't seem to find any!!!!!
And you are right about the gill nets!!!!!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top