JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fish the mouth where it dumps into the Columbia River. Launch your boat at the ramp under the St John's bridge. Get there early like 2:30am it will be a zoo. Just look for a guide boat and anchor next to them.
I don't think I would eat one out of the Willamette River but to each there own.

Fish the mouth where it dumps into the Columbia River. Launch your boat at the ramp under the St John's bridge. Get there early like 2:30am it will be a zoo. Just look for a guide boat and anchor next to them.
I don't think I would eat one out of the Willamette River but to each there own.
The fish migrate regularly. The fish out of the Columbia will not be any better. Like anything we consume it's in moderation!
So we choose radioactive sturgeon from the Columbia River or from the Willamette River containing whatever the media tell us?

Fish from Kelly Point park all the way from the wing dam, to around the corner where the big turbine wheel is sitting in the sand, but DO NOT FISH near the TugBoat Station at T-6 around the corner, ODFW will run your nutz through a grinder if they catch you even thinking of fishing in that hole! BIG NO-NO!
Conversely, Sauvie Island ether side is also good, but Stay to the Multinoma Channel so you don't end up accidentally in the Columbia, They WILL ticket the hell out of you! Best if you had a boat, the channel all the way down the island to the cement plant is really good this time of year! Squid hoods or sand shrimp for bait!

I've seen sturgeon pulled up from the lower Willamette River covered in angry red sores and then the same day perfectly healthy looking ones.

What I read was that ODFW is using these 2 days as a test run. Maybe because people couldn't fish the past 3+ months
Oregon has been able to fish the entire time, what would ODFW be testing?

s75n Bank access will be busy, as there isn't a lot and there aren't a lot of secrete spots. Kelly point could be good since it may rain on Saturday, so that will keep most of the party people away. Keep in mind that parking lot has break-ins, so get everything out of your car. Sauvie island would probably be the next least crowded place, especially if you can get there early.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top