JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just received my Sturdy! Since it was in stock, I got it in 3 weeks instead of 4 months. I purchased the base 24" model with fire lining coming. I live close to the terminal, so I opted to pick it up rather than trying to coordinate having it delivered with help.

I opted for the Sturdy, because of the 7ga sides, and 5/16" door. The 7ga is much better protection than the 12ga that you find on the higher end cheap safes.

I wasn't real fond of the finish from the pictures, but after unwrapping it, I was very pleased with the appearance. For transportation, I opted to remove the door, which lifted straight off without problem. The safe body weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 400#'s, and three guys with a hand truck didn't have too much trouble moving it into place. The door slipped back on just as easily as it was removed.

The instructions to change the lock were simple, and I had no problems.

Customer service has been great, and they seem like a stand up company.

Cons:
I purchased the pistol rack, which much to my dismay, doesn't really fit in the safe. It's really big, and I don't believe that I will be using it.

View attachment 97790

Last Edited:
I got a Snap Safe last year because I liked the modular design, but overall it is a POS. It STINKS for months. The metal on the sides is like a tin can. The lock mech is falling apart. Snapsafe | Home Fireproof Safe, Security Cabinets, Closet Gun Vault

The idea of being able to disassemble it and move it around sure was attractive, but I would rate it one star. I guess any safe is better than none.

Here's a picture of my Summit denali from nwsafes,it weighs 1450lbs and has a fire rating of 2hrs. The reason I went with this one is the door is 1/2",I'd bet the door itself weighs close to 400lbs,it also has a SS plate inside to make it harder to burn through if they had a torch. The door also has a very small gap,no way could they get a pry bar in there. It also comes with a door kit,so there's a lot of places to put pistols,mags and important papers. It has 20 1 1/2" stainless door dogs.

d6e7ea87137d8f1ec41a9c26a9e00d4f.jpg
193b433cc4ce8326c82c50b9cd7736c5.jpg

Here's a picture of my Summit denali from nwsafes,it weighs 1450lbs and has a fire rating of 2hrs. The reason I went with this one is the door is 1/2",I'd bet the door itself weighs close to 400lbs,it also has a SS plate inside to make it harder to burn through if they had a torch. The door also has a very small gap,no way could they get a pry bar in there. It also comes with a door kit,so there's a lot of places to put pistols,mags and important papers. It has 20 1 1/2" stainless door dogs.

For reference that's a 8ft door next to it.

Nice looking safe! I'll definitely keep that in mind.

I'll bet that cost a hair more than the sturdy!

If they would step the interior's up even just one notch they would outsell all the others combined, IMO. The construction is great and so are the materials, but the interior fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired.

If they would step the interior's up even just one notch they would outsell all the others combined, IMO. The construction is great and so are the materials, but the interior fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired.

Ya, the bottom lining is just a hunk of carpet that is laying there. I may change this at some point. Other than that, the price was excellent, and I'm very happy with the final product.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top