JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
stupid things we used to think about firearms as kids
before ever really shooting one

I will start.

I used to think bullets traveled in strait lines from the barrel so if you aim right you hit 100% dead center.

Used to think semi and full auto were the only way to go, and bolt action = boring

The standard M-16 mag holds almost 100rds (thanks 80's action movies)

I will start.

I used to think bullets traveled in strait lines from the barrel so if you aim right you hit 100% dead center.

Used to think semi and full auto were the only way to go, and bolt action = boring

Reloading never happened in the 80's. They just kept on shooting

I also thought that you didn't have to wear ear protection

I will start.

You mean, they don't???

I find it interesting what non gun owners believe:

"No you don't register to own a gun. Except in Illinois"
"No you don't have to have a permit to buy ammo"

Doing my best to dispel bad rumors like these.

That they never ran out of boolitz.(If ya ever watch an old western ya never see em reload)....
That my BB gun was a machine gun of the highest order which knocked out enemy tanks and Me 109's and 1 stuka on several occasions.
Girls with a blue dart gun were cute.

That glocks were made out of plastic and you could go through metal detectors at the airport with them.
That the F stood for full auto and the S stood for single shot instead of fire and safety.
That silencers and full auto were only obtainable only if you are in the military or a secret assassin.

Also that you can shoot any rifle, machine gun, and pistol from the hip AND hit your target perfect every time.

Above is expecially true if you have a m60, or a grenade launcher!

WOW you guys had a way different upbringing then I did. By age 5 I was shooting by age 11 I was reloading at age 11 I was hunting deer (I turned 12 a couple days after season started) By age 12 we were roaming the neighborhood shooting Nutria, Squirrels, Crows, Starlings and pretty much any other varmit we could find. We packed .22's 30M1's 30-30's .348 (made a **** of a mess out of a squirrel)

We used to scream at the TV about how they were not reloading about how they were so wrong in what they showed. And we screamed to just SHOOT batman and robin and be done with it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top