JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just checked the old bank account online and I was hit multiple times with fraudulent charges for a total of close to $500! Now it begins, calls to the bank, required police reports and who knows what else.

Change your bank! My wife and I we're hit twice in the last 4 months. Both times the bank froze the account and called us within an hour of it occurring. We easily we're able to reverse the charges and got money back in less then 12 hours, plus new cards issued. FWIW, we are members of Clackamas Federal Credit Union.

That sucks sorry you have to go through this. We have been with Chase for several years and have had three separate occasions of fraudulent activity. Chase caught each time and froze account while promptly returning all stolen funds.

Chase caught each time and froze account while promptly returning all stolen funds.

I was in Kansas City at a Woodworking conference and got a call about a charge on my Chase credit card in Oklahoma. It wasn't me [obviously] so they cancelled the card, and a new one was delivered to the hotel the following morning. I have two [and only two] credit cards for just such an eventuality, but just the same I was impressed with how on top of things they were and how quickly they made it right.

I was in Kansas City at a Woodworking conference and got a call about a charge on my Chase credit card in Oklahoma. It wasn't me [obviously] so they cancelled the card, and a new one was delivered to the hotel the following morning. I have two [and only two] credit cards for just such an eventuality, but just the same I was impressed with how on top of things they were and how quickly they made it right.

I keep an eye on all of my accounts, CU ATM card, two credit cards and my retirement accounts (bit nervous about the latter as there is a significant sum in each); every week I check them.

IIRC some time ago had a call about a charge overseas which they denied and I told them it was not me.

One CC is the Costco card and I use it for gas and online purchases - get a check back each year on rebates. Get rewards points with the other CC which is an Amazon card, so I use that for Amazon purchases. My ATM card I get 1.75% interest on the checking account balance.

I also carry cash on my person just in case somebody wants to sell me a Steyr Lexus for $500 on a weekend.:D

I cancelled it this morning. It will take about ten days to get my money back, luckily I always keep a stash of money hidden. The bank will take care of it but that involves paperwork as well as a police report.

I cancelled it this morning. It will take about ten days to get my money back, luckily I always keep a stash of money hidden. The bank will take care of it but that involves paperwork as well as a police report.
I hate thieves. I wish there was HARSH punishment of Old Testament biblical proportions for those that are caught!

About three weeks ago I had my chrio decline my ATM card because it expired.

I had not received the replacement which apparently was sent out in August.

I had noticed that my postal carrier was giving me the mail for the same address # but the wrong road (not my private road, but the public road that leads to my road). I had been putting the wrong mail back in my box with the flag up, but apparently my local neighbors about a mile away did not do the same courtesy and my ATM card never got to me.

So I pinged my credit union and they cancelled the card and got me a new one that same day (I stopped by the CU on my way home and they made one for me).

Had this happen a few months ago, bunch of Uber charges in China. My bank (First Tech) caught it pretty quick and shut it down. Went into the branch the next day and they printed me a new card and credited all the charges back. Even got to pick the PIN number for my new card.

I've got Key Bank, unfortunately. The customer service rep today surely sounded like she was from an overseas call center. I literally couldn't understand her at all. So that leaves me with no confidence in what really got accomplished today, I'm going to have to miss work to get this settled in person at the branch.

I only deal with small local banks. The one is I currently use has 6 local branches and a good IT system. I know the local manager and the President too, and they have been great to work with. Never had any problems at all.

Once scammers find a vulnerable bank or institution and can find a hole to exploit, hold the door open because they will hit it hard.

That trip to the bank during work hours would be my last trip to that bank.

That trip to the bank during work hours would be my last trip to that bank.
Unfortunately I may have at least one more trip. But on a good note, I found out the annual $40 charge for the rewards program was on a voluntary basis! I quickly cancelled that and will be refunded as I never signed up for it.

I have my credit union account setup to text and email me if there's any charges over a certain amount made to my card.
It gets kind of annoying sometimes but then I'm sure I'd be more annoyed if somebody ripped me off.

I have my credit union account setup to text and email me if there's any charges over a certain amount made to my card.
It gets kind of annoying sometimes but then I'm sure I'd be more annoyed if somebody ripped me off.
Me too. Anything over $10 in checking, savings, credit card and I get the text.

IMG_2488.JPG
I started this phone call before 9:00 this morning, after 50 minutes I still haven't talked to a person. After I get my money back GOOD BYE KEY BANK!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top