JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you pull your gun you must be willing to shoot it. Would he have shot him if he ran?

Probably not, but.............If the crook came after him or attacked then I think it would be OK. It also sounds as though the homeowner only used as much force as necessary to control the suspect. As citizens, we are still allowed to make a "citizens arrest".

My step-dad did something similar to that with a guy trying to steal gas from his business late one night a few years back. Except my step dad had a 12gauge shotgun rather than a pistol. No need to even mention that the guy did exactly what my step dad told him to do. Face down on the ground until the police arrived. Kudos to this story, the guy did exactly what he should have.

And no, you cant shoot someone in any situation unless they are trying to use deadly force against you or someone else. The perp couldve gotten up and ran, and wouldve gotten away. But if he had pulled a knife from his waistband and advance on the homeowner, then game on. One full body bag.

You can go out there to protect your property, but you can't use deadly force to do it. If that guy would have shot and the jury didn't believe that his life was in danger, he would have gone up the river.

Bring the gun, but only use it to protect your life.

I had pretty much the same thing happen to me, twice.

The first time, my neighbor yelled over to me and said there was someone in my car. I got the guy out of the car, but didn't have my gun on me. He pick up a stick and tried to fight me and my neighbor. So I went inside, my wife called 9-1-1, and I got my gun. As soon as I was out my gate, I racked one into the chamber... he heard it and started running full speed down the road.

The second time, a drunk guy broke into my wife's car and fell asleep. I did have my gun, woke him up, and made him sit on the curb until the cops got here. Couldn't help but laugh at that one.

The guy did the right thing. Just because you draw your weapon, doesn't mean you have to use it. You had better be ready to though..why would anyone want to play quick draw with a bum that's ripping you off. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top