JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm left handed and conceal carry a Colt series 70 ... guess I am doomed...:eek::D
Andy
Yes you are. Everyone knows 1911s are the absolute worst option for a handgun. :rolleyes:

Ignore the fact that I absolutely love my Colt series 70, and never had a problem with it. Still needs a refinish though (just looks better with the original finish IMO)... And some parts to make it a little closer to the M1911A1, but even if it isn't an exact replica its still my favorite.

oh look, a 1911/wheelgun debate championed by the NRA, brilliant.

funny how they wont take a 1911 but will take the many plastic guns that are offering a thumb safety these days. Ever notice the current trend in plastic single stack and thumb safety's showing up flooding the CCW market?

Maybe the NRA should stick to politics... but then again, maybe thats why our rights are so far behind.

Open Letter to NRA

oh look, a 1911/wheelgun debate championed by the NRA, brilliant.

funny how they wont take a 1911 but will take the many plastic guns that are offering a thumb safety these days. Ever notice the current trend in plastic single stack and thumb safety's showing up flooding the CCW market?

Maybe the NRA should stick to politics... but then again, maybe thats why our rights are so far behind.

Open Letter to NRA
They aren't focusing on politics enough, and they aren't exactly doing the best they can for gun owners. Sure it helps to donate to the NRA, but let's just be honest. They aren't the group with the best intentions for gun owners, they're just the most influential.

They aren't the group with the best intentions for gun owners, they're just the most influential.
agree.

they aren't the best group for gun owners but they are the most influential, the champion of gun safety and supposedly gun rights but entering the consumer market is not the wisest choice for a political group. So many times I have heard from antis how the NRA is 'in bed' with the gun lobby...
how can they be so blind if that were not true...

agree.

they aren't the best group for gun owners but they are the most influential, the champion of gun safety and supposedly gun rights but entering the consumer market is not the wisest choice for a political group. So many times I have heard from antis how the NRA is 'in bed' with the gun lobby...
how can they be so blind if that were not true...
Its why I'd also donate to others groups. There was one group that tried to challenge the ban on automatics (not successfully :(), so it just goes to show that it benefits us more to donate to more than just one group. If you can only donate to one, sure NRA since they're the most influential, but if you can do more try to look around.

I'd love to see some more national level gun rights groups fighting on the level of the NRA, perhaps even more staunchly pro-gun than the NRA. Until that group comes along, the NRA is about the best we have, on the national level. I wouldn't be bothered a bit if another group could grow to the size, or bigger, than the NRA, maybe with fewer Fudds...:rolleyes:

I'd love to see some more national level gun rights groups fighting on the level of the NRA, perhaps even more staunchly pro-gun than the NRA. Until that group comes along, the NRA is about the best we have, on the national level. I wouldn't be bothered a bit if another group could grow to the size, or bigger, than the NRA, maybe with fewer Fudds...:rolleyes:
Gun Owners of America come to mind... They aren't as powerful, but then again they are relatively new for all I know and probably don't have as many donations as the NRA.

I already support them, but do they really have the pull of the NRA, on a national level?

they are not as big. Honestly, I don't think any group will be as big in membership as the NRA. I just think they are a little slow in seeing things sometimes. It still doesn't hurt our cause to donate to the NRA so I fully support those that do.

edit to add: I double posted a reply... got ahead of myself..

they are not as big. Honestly, I don't think any group will be as big in membership as the NRA. I just think they are a little slow in seeing things sometimes. It still doesn't hurt our cause to donate to the NRA so I fully support those that do.

edit to add: I double posted a reply... got ahead of myself..

I'm willing to support any group that fights for our rights, even when I don't always agree with how they do things. The more the merrier!

Its why I'd also donate to others groups. There was one group that tried to challenge the ban on automatics (not successfully :(), so it just goes to show that it benefits us more to donate to more than just one group. If you can only donate to one, sure NRA since they're the most influential, but if you can do more try to look around.

agree, this is worth repeating...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads