JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stop freaking out about them. Seriously guys these things never make it out of committee. Yeah yeah Obama hates guns and such but if you recall Bush wasn't exactly the most pro-gun president we ever had either. We have the Heller decision and a highly doubt the Democrats are going to waste their nice majority on something as low-key as firearms--remember what happened in '96? Most people besides us and the Brady bunch really don't care that much about gun laws you know.

Anyway stop freaking out and buying all the ammo too. It's really annoying that there is no cheap .223/5.56 anywhere at all and the cheapest I can find is pig disgusting steel cased wolf for a flipping $8/box. What the coprolite is that?! I am a poor college kid, I can't afford to make giant stockpiles of ammo, I shoot what I buy and then buy some more.

Sorry, I just have to have a rant about it because I see threads about these stupid bills all the time. In my opinion it's about time the AWB2 scare died down so I can afford to actually enjoy my evil black rifle.

Stop freaking out about them. Seriously guys these things never make it out of committee. Yeah yeah Obama hates guns and such but if you recall Bush wasn't exactly the most pro-gun president we ever had either. We have the Heller decision and a highly doubt the Democrats are going to waste their nice majority on something as low-key as firearms--remember what happened in '96? Most people besides us and the Brady bunch really don't care that much about gun laws you know.

Anyway stop freaking out and buying all the ammo too. It's really annoying that there is no cheap .223/5.56 anywhere at all and the cheapest I can find is pig disgusting steel cased wolf for a flipping $8/box. What the coprolite is that?! I am a poor college kid, I can't afford to make giant stockpiles of ammo, I shoot what I buy and then buy some more.

Sorry, I just have to have a rant about it because I see threads about these stupid bills all the time. In my opinion it's about time the AWB2 scare died down so I can afford to actually enjoy my evil black rifle.

How altruistic of you!:nuts:

I was fortunate to acquire 1000 rounds for my SKS for $150.00, but I'm still trying to shoot them sparingly. I would suggest getting a .22 conversion or knocking the dust of the ol' .22 rifle, that ammo is still pretty cheap.

Get a job,a part-time job.You can call it your "Ammo Job".Take every single cent that your "Ammo Job" pays,and put it in the bank.Then you can afford to stockpile ammo like all of us who are already done with school and have real,full-time jobs...

And it's not the "stupid" bills that are driving the supply down and the prices up,it's the people that got elected in the recent election,and their collective track record regarding gun ownership,that are driving the market...Did you vote for Obama?If so,you may be part of the problem you're unhappy about...

:s0113:

While we're at it, let's see if we can make it stop raining too :s0140:

Want a cookie?

Yes! :D

I'm sorry that you can't afford to shoot. Maybe you should find a cheaper hobby then.

I did, I call it my ruger 10/22 :s0114:

:s0113:

While we're at it, let's see if we can make it stop raining too :s0140:

Never hurts to ask. :)

And it's not the "stupid" bills that are driving the supply down and the prices up,it's the people that got elected in the recent election,and their collective track record regarding gun ownership,that are driving the market...Did you vote for Obama?If so,you may be part of the problem you're unhappy about...

I did not. Who I did vote for is my own business though. Regardless, I still do not believe there will be any changes to federal firearms laws, at least not in obomo's first term. That's a really great way not to get re-elected. If anyone was paying attention, they'd notice that all these stupid bills kept getting introduced when Bush was in office too and again they never made it out of committee. It is all a bunch of fearmongering.

three things have affected both the supply and price of amminition, mainly in the past year, maybe year and a half. First thing, the ridiculously high prices for all industrial metals. Copper, aluminium, lead, even steel, were all at record high prices for new metal and scrap until late last August. Since ammunition is made from these, its price went up due to the high cost of materials.
Second, the military have let some incredibly huge contracts for small arms production to the major manufacturers of these products.. I've heard on the order of billions of rounds small arms ammunition. This has strained production capacities of the majors, and in consequence, the smaller producers as well. Supply/demand have worked against us to drive prices higher.
Third, beginning the day after the election ammunition sales since then have increased (to private parties) by some three hundred percent. Why? Perhaps some people are gullible, but I well recall some of the things our present administration have said regarding firearms and ammunition. This extends not only to the leader hisself, but to nearly every member of his newly minted cabinet, including Department of State, Attorney General's office,Justice, Treasury.. ALL of which can, and may well, influence our rights under the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Perhaps they are bluffing, making noise for the benefit of those silly enough to have elected them, vying for votes amongst their perceived constituents.... and we'd be just fine ignoring it all and carrying on as per usual.

BUT---there is something about the present trend that has myself rather more concerned than ever I've been in all my life.... I'd guess, since you're yet in school, rather longer than you've been spinning round the sun on this dirtball. I've never before felt the strong need to acquire arms and the fodder with which to feed them. THIS time round the block it seems its time to be rather more prepared than not. Worst case, I've invested time and money on items that will be superfluous to own. Best case, they will be incredibly needful within the balance of my lifetime, approximately one generation. Either way, I doubt I've played the fool in making these acquisitions. Little doubt in MY mind the prices for anything manufactured, particularly of non-ferrous metals, will continue to rise as the dollar plummets in value. Whether they manage to further restrict firearms possession, use, feeding, ownership, in numbers or type, the financial mess they've foisted upon us will make such things a good investment, a hedge against the inflation sure to come upon us, and that right soon. Personally, had I a few thousand ready cash available, I'd invest the lion's share of it in arms and ammunition, if for nothing else, a hedge against the falling value of the dollar. And just possibly to fulfil the purpose our founders had in mind in including the second ammendment into the Constitution... to stand against tyranny in government. I surely hope this aspect of it all is madness... but if I'm right..... a few thousand rounds of useful small arms ammunition may well be as valuable as those casks of gunpowder the early defenders of freedom had against the tyrannical Brits. MY tuppence ha'p'n'orth.

I just bought a 1000 round case of remington brass cased .223 ammo for $275. I also just bought some at a local store for $6.99 a box. It is high, but not horrible.

The saying is hope for the best and prepare for the worst. That is what Americans are doing right now. Our Constitution is being used for toilet paper right now. Look at the stuff that has been going through. Did you know that it is now illegal to buy, sell, or maintain a quad or motorcycle that is designed for those under 13 years old!? The government has overstepped it's bounds in so many areas that in my opinion we are heading for a big conflict. If you had the money to buy the evil black rifle, then you should have a few bones that you can lay your hands on to feed it. It was good advice to take some money and pile up. You may be surprised where we end up.

I just bought a 1000 round case of remington brass cased .223 ammo for $275. I also just bought some at a local store for $6.99 a box. It is high, but not horrible.

That is an excellent price, what store did you buy this at? I saw some of the online places got new shipments of the cheaper stuff in, but it's about $50 more per 500rds than it used to be. Silver Bear now costs what I used to pay for brass prvi partizan, so I may just downgrade to that or something.

Spengo,

The issue isn't really whether the bills are coming through or not, because we won't know until someone is knocking at your door. Realistically, however, one must remember the importance of overall preparedness and determine your willingness to comply to new regulations instigated by an overwhelming amount of typically anti-gunning, leftist democrats controlling the majority of our legislative branch. This key point happens to be that which has driven many of us "crazies" to stock up on rounds, extra magazines, purchase all the tactical gear on our local gunners shelves and wait to see what comes around the bend. One thing to keep in mind when considering the possibility of a strong and abrupt change in the second amendment laws is who holds and once held the majority in office. As you mentioned previously, when Bush was in office, we didn't see gun restrictions as a peak of discussion and concern on the political front, because it was a non-issue! Bush didn't give a rat's aft about taking the ability to own firearms from our nations people, because of his values and lack of interest in this area. Today is a completely different scenario as we can't truly identify the next move. We simply collect all possibilities and do our best with logic and past experiences to deduce the next move from our nations leaders and the great house on the hill in DC.
In the words of an old grunt school instructor, "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top