1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid commentary about new amendment.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by DeLorean, Jul 20, 2009.

1. DeLorean

DeLorean Washington/Oregon Member

"In Pennsylvania, for example, you can't get such a permit if you have been convicted of impersonating a police officer. No such restrictions exist in other states like, say, Florida. So Officer Faux can now get a permit in Florida, and come to Pennsylvania to terrorize his fellow citizens with the gun hidden in his glove compartment or ankle holster."

I'll just let you guys have fun with this one.
  2. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

This is the same tired story that anti's trot out everytime concealed carry comes up. "There'll be blood in the streets! It will be like the Wild West!" What they conveniently forget to say is that it hasn't happened in ANY state that concealed carry was passed in.

That being said, I am against this bill. (Donning flameproof suit.) I don't want the Fed having anything to do with my concealed carry rights. Once the Fed has any control over it, they can also pass amendments that could make the rules so onerous as to effectively eliminate the right. I'd much rather fight for these kind of rights on the state level.
  4. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

Ditto - the Federal Gov. has too much control over everything... as much as I would love all the states to have reciprocity with each other, etc - I don't want it at the cost of more restrictions potentially coming down the pipe.
  5. USMC1911

USMC1911 Salem Active Member

The supreme court ruling later this year could have a major effect on this?