JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Actually it is cars for stupid people but I just think of them as stupid cars.

These are the cars you see on the commercials these days that will foresee a possible accident and take control to avoid the collision, mostly this involves the car applying the brakes if it senses danger.

Just seen a ford commercial where there are a series of parents with teens driving and the teen of course does something stupid and the car saves him/her.

Cars for modern morons. Some how this just really pisses me off.

Hay stupid, why don't you just learn to pay attention to were the heck you are going so the car does not have to apply the brakes for you?

What are the teens watching this thinking?

I cant help but think seeing this, they will be encouraged to be even more stupid and pay even less attention as they will think, no prob man, the car will save me!

So like so may things these days concerning young people, they will end up being NOT as capable as we older drivers are who just had to accept we were in total control and thus, had to take total responsibility for driving the car 100% of the time.

But then.....

I think OK there are going to be a new crop of these youngsters out driving cars every year and what if one of these irresponsible little sh*ts is about to hit and kill my wife or my son or me? and the car takes over, hits the brakes and saves every one....

I have to accept that I would much prefer that outcome instead of another stupid driver causing another wreck due to their stupidity and taking out innocent people along with themselves.

hmmmmm.....

~

I'll be starting a new job in a couple months directly related to this subject. The same customers who are so eager to let the cars do everything for them are also the ones that are first to lawyer-up when the same car doesn't save them from their own laziness/stupidity. I'm not, and won't be working for, an attorney.

Related side story; My brother works in a body shop. A couple years ago when collision avoidance was first showing up in cars, there was a Subaru commercial showing the car applying the brakes and stopping just short of the rear bumper of the car ahead of it. A brand new Outback shows up at his shop with the front scrubbed off of it. Apparently, the owner had just picked it up from the dealer and was going to show her mom this cool feature that would keep her from rear-ending anyone. She took her hands off the wheel and accelerated into a stopped car. Guess what? The car she bought didn't have collision avoidance.
Wonder if she's one of those people who will follow their GPS into a lake.

These cars are making dumb drivers that rely on the technology instead of themselves.

Stooooooped

I remember hearing about some dork when cruise control first came out. The motorhome he was driving had cruise control, so he set (might have been a she now that I think about it) and got up and went back into the motorhome to make a sandwich.... :eek: Stupidity has been around for a while now, it's just getting worse.

It's like having a safety on a gun. You use it, but don't trust it, so you still follow the standard firearm safety rules. Every now and then it keeps someone from getting shot when there is a lapse. Still doesn't fix stupid.

It's like having a safety on a gun. You use it, but don't trust it, so you still follow the standard firearm safety rules. Every now and then it keeps someone from getting shot when there is a lapse. Still doesn't fix stupid.
Great point. I'm 35, but 80 at heart. My wife was looking at new Subarus and it had a backup camera. I explained to her the importance of not relying on it and why you still need to look. I drive an 04 Titan. I'm done with new vehicles. I'm going to keep my titan until she doesn't wanna be fixed. I still want to get another 1970's pickup or suburban.

I drive everyday to Corvallis to drop my son off. Keep in mind I was born there. Everytime I go there it's predictable as to the bs I will encounter. Most of these people are morons and I wouldn't trust having a computer and machine do something for them. Not when those things can fail. Or hell...You all know it's just a matter of time until someone doesn't look at the backup camera and goes "what was that thump"? While on Facebook complaining about Trump. Oh...I'm sorry I didn't mean to single out liberals as the culprits.:D

When self driving cars are mandated, I feel that the days of playing in the outdoors will be over, except for designated recreation areas. 99% of the wild will be off limits, and the cars simply won't go there. Not to mention smart cars allow for the government, and private entities to track your every move. Orwellian doesn't begin to describe it.

But the stooopification of Uhmereecah kontenyous to the point in which we "need" technology to do for us what we are too lazy or incompetent to do for ourselves. A generation of idiots, raised by a generation of pussies. Welcome to the future.

Actually it is cars for stupid people but I just think of them as stupid cars.

These are the cars you see on the commercials these days that will foresee a possible accident and take control to avoid the collision, mostly this involves the car applying the brakes if it senses danger.

Just seen a ford commercial where there are a series of parents with teens driving and the teen of course does something stupid and the car saves him/her.

Cars for modern morons. Some how this just really pisses me off.

Hay stupid, why don't you just learn to pay attention to were the heck you are going so the car does not have to apply the brakes for you?

What are the teens watching this thinking?

I cant help but think seeing this, they will be encouraged to be even more stupid and pay even less attention as they will think, no prob man, the car will save me!

So like so may things these days concerning young people, they will end up being NOT as capable as we older drivers are who just had to accept we were in total control and thus, had to take total responsibility for driving the car 100% of the time.

But then.....

I think OK there are going to be a new crop of these youngsters out driving cars every year and what if one of these irresponsible little sh*ts is about to hit and kill my wife or my son or me? and the car takes over, hits the brakes and saves every one....

I have to accept that I would much prefer that outcome instead of another stupid driver causing another wreck due to their stupidity and taking out innocent people along with themselves.

hmmmmm.....

~
On January 4 my sister and her husband were involved in a bad car accident in Bellingham a lady text on her phone rear-ended my sister and husband when they were stopped in traffic doing 60 mph five cars involved she pushed and smashed my sister car into 3 other cars the guy behind that lady said he saw no break lights no skid marks on road so 60 mph Smash all for a txt msg my sister and her husband are still recovering and both have been off work sense then she walking with cane some time 's and he is going to have surgery on his back and neck for dislocated spine

At that point I'm just gonna pack my gear, build a shack, and vanish into the wild. If I die, I'll die happy.
2945.png

As I have said before I'm a truck driver I drive over to Eastern WA and into ID twice a week and you would not believe the stuff I see people doing when they are driving and texting and talking on the phone is just like drunk driving I can spot them from mile 's away speed up slow down swerving all over you would think they were drunk but when I get next to them and look down in there car they have a phone in there hand texting idiots out there

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top