JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So how does this affect trading/selling at a gun show? I know all transfers at Oregon gun shows are required to have a background check. But now they have to go through an FFL for an additional fee? Are we not allowed to use the "blue form" for private party transfers at Oregon gun shows anymore in this post SB941 apocolyptic world? Eff these Effing Effers!

So how does this affect trading/selling at a gun show? I know all transfers at Oregon gun shows are required to have a background check. But now they have to go through an FFL for an additional fee? Are we not allowed to use the "blue form" for private party transfers at Oregon gun shows anymore in this post SB941 apocolyptic world? Eff these Effing Effers!

just call the OSP
"5. A private party transferring a firearm at a gun show must complete a background check through OSP or a firearm dealer prior to the transfer. (NOTE: This is existing statute, however is highlighted to show the private party has options, in these instances.)"

http://www.oregon.gov/osp/docs/SB941_Information_Sheet.pdf

just call the OSP
"5. A private party transferring a firearm at a gun show must complete a background check through OSP or a firearm dealer prior to the transfer. (NOTE: This is existing statute, however is highlighted to show the private party has options, in these instances.)"

http://www.oregon.gov/osp/docs/SB941_Information_Sheet.pdf

Gun show is defined as follows in the bill:

"Gun show" means an event at which more than 25 firearms are on site and available for transfer.

So suppose I had 26 firearms in my garage gun safe. 25 for sale at $1,000,000 each, and one for $400. Wouldn't meeting someone in front of the garage qualify as a gun show and qualify for the free NICS check?

Gun show is defined as follows in the bill:

"Gun show" means an event at which more than 25 firearms are on site and available for transfer.

So suppose I had 26 firearms in my garage gun safe. 25 for sale at $1,000,000 each, and one for $400. Wouldn't meeting someone in front of the garage qualify as a gun show and qualify for the free NICS check?

I always though that we as a group should put on a show. Rent a banquet room somewhere. Mostly show (bring your stuff and talk about it) and then sell if you want with some volunteers to call OSP for sales and transfers.

But Im sure there are probably some billion gun show statues and laws and restrictions that would make it too burdensome to even try.

Don't forget the legality clause of that firearm if it's used in a crime because you didn't go through a FFL on that transfer.

It's gobbledegook.

Anyone know if OSP submits the check data to ATF for eTrace?

I, for one, am not very keen on every gang in Mexico knowing my home address and how many guns I have...

American gun owner names and addresses, detailed personal information from gun purchases (from form 4473 - including date of birth, possibly Social Security Number), and detail on other guns purchased by owner name is directly available to some 35 foreign governments,[5] including governments with known corruption issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ETrace

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top