JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a non gun note my wife's friend honestly believes that cat's will crawl up on a baby's chest and suck the life from their mouth.

I'll bet she also believes:

- Ear candling actually works
- A teaspoonful of turpentine will cure a cold
- Blowing cigarette smoke into a plugged ear will open it up
- Rubbing a wart with roast beef will cause it to dissappear

That is like the old fable You can't drive barefoot" That went around for years and some people still believe it. And no it is not illegal to drive barefooted.

it is illegal in many states, probably why people think its illegal here. all the same, its more difficult to drive barefoot, you shouldnt do it.

it is illegal in many states, probably why people think its illegal here. all the same, its more difficult to drive barefoot, you shouldnt do it.

I do not believe it is illegal in any state.

However, I'm curious to know how it is "More difficult"? I drive home barefoot from fly fishing every week during the summer (Wet wading!) and have never found it any different.

Silencers are illegal.
Machine guns are illegal.
You cant have a shotgun with that short barrel, thats illegal. :/ Idiots...

My wife friend I was teaching to shoot and range safety and I quote “I do not care what you say, it cannot be loaded without the clip in it” Ruger LC9 Had her pick the stuffed animal she liked the most and we shot it with the unloaded gun. Now she believer a gun is always loaded no matter what.

"It has a low round count."

"Mmyeah? So how many rounds did you fire after the counter stopped working?"

One from a progressive acquaintance, about carrying in places like Starbucks and such:

"You're not allowed to have guns on private property!"

Same guy, I like to rile him up every now and then:

El Progresso: "There was this guy walking around with an automatic gun!"
Me: "How did you know it was full auto?"
El Progresso: ".....Uhhh...... Well, it was one of those black ones, those assault rifles! The agressive looking ones!"
Me: "Would you like it better with a wooden stock? Would that make you feel safer?"
El Progresso: "You know what I mean..."
Me: "So, let's just assume it was a plain old highly common AR-15. Those aren't automatic, they're semi-automatic."
El Progresso: "....."
Me: "You know many hunting rifles shoot bigger rounds that do a lot more damage? They have pretty wooden stocks too..."

That is like the old fable You can't drive barefoot" That went around for years and some people still believe it. And no it is not illegal to drive barefooted.
How about just in your socks? I'll drive home from work barefooted when it is hot outside and my feet are tired and sweaty from working a 10 hour day.

Silencers are illegal.
Machine guns are illegal.
You cant have a shotgun with that short barrel, thats illegal. :/ Idiots...

I've even had a gun owner tell me that. As if. I'll have one this year if the wait for the stamp doesn't kill me first.

I do not believe it is illegal in any state.

However, I'm curious to know how it is "More difficult"? I drive home barefoot from fly fishing every week during the summer (Wet wading!) and have never found it any different.

actually it is illegal in many states. in florida its on the written exam when you apply for a license 100% of the time. it is more difficult to drive with no shoes for the same reason its harder to walk over difficult terrain without shoes. yes i have driven with no shoes before and yes it is more difficult. is it dangerous to do it?... maybe not.

After finding a 4th grader lying on the ground, clutching his stomach while crying and screaming "MY SPINE"... his friend nonchalantly tells me:

"He said I coudn't hurt him and he told me to punch him as hard as I could... so I did."

LOL.

Having worked behind the counter, I have heard a LOT of garbage from people who make unfounded statements to support whatever they want to be true. Aside from the usual uninformed statements about the performance of firearms, I've heard a lot of comments like these...

"Well, I've got a carbine, a pistol, a 10/22, and a 12ga, so I need a bolt action rifle that I can shoot a thousand yards with." These guys are generally fresh off of watching a YouTube video, and have never shot beyond 100 yards.

I hate the "5 guns for SHTF" garbage. It's fun for the sake of conversation, but it's a poor plan for the real world.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top