JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

Unexpected expenses have hit over the past couple of months and dug into my fun money, but I still need to pick up a starter mil/mil scope.

Right now, I'm looking between these:

Falcon Menace 4-14

Weaver Tactical 3-10

This will be going on a 5.56 with mix of precision paper punching and coyote/varmint hunting (ie this won't be a range toy, and I don't want something that will fall apart in the field).

My hard limit is $400. I'm not interested in a fixed power (i.e. the SWFA SS 10x). It must be mil/mil.

Thanks!

<broken link removed>

I am really impressed with the redfields I have.
If you're talking mil dot reticle..... Never mind. Sorry.

Burris E3200 is well within your budget. If you are using the mil dot for ranging, a fixed power scope will be easier to use (and more accurate)

The vortex is $100 bucks more. If you have to wait, sell some mags or donate plasma, it is still worth it to get a quality scope. ::s0155:

From the choices on your list I would go with the Weaver or the Falcon. The Falcon is first focal plane and a 30mm tube so it's not apples to apples.

Except from what i've seen the Falcon scopes aren't bad at all for the price.

I have 'em both and they are both good scopes. If I had to buy another it would be the Vortex. The Vortex has better glass and I really like the positive feel of its turrets. They both track true and have held up well.

Thanks for the little bit of feedback so far, guys.

Right now I'm looking to either the Weaver or the Falcon. Heard no complaints about the Weaver, but have heard both good and bad about the Falcon.

Of these two - and only these two, no other options - which would you go with?

Get the Weaver unless you have to just have a first focal plane, more magnification or a 30mm tube. I haven't used a Weaver myself but have heard they are similar to the Bushnell elite tactical. It should be made in Japan.

I'd go for the used Vortex ;)

Thanks for the little bit of feedback so far, guys.

Right now I'm looking to either the Weaver or the Falcon. Heard no complaints about the Weaver, but have heard both good and bad about the Falcon.

Of these two - and only these two, no other options - which would you go with?

Had someone on another forum suggest looking at Konus... who I hadn't even heard of before.

Seems like I find out about a new brand/make of glass every day while researching this.

Seems like this 4.5-16x one would be the one to research?

Gone through ten different options at this point. Can't figure out where to go on this.

Millet

Weaver

Falcon Menace

Konus

Et cetera.

Been sitting on some reloading goodies for this AR, but haven't wanted to piece together everything until I got some better glass. At this rate, I'm lucky to be shooting by summer!

Hell,maybe I should just sit on the cash and pick up Vortex later.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top