JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
DISCLAIMER: engaging in turning and rifle into a fully auto may/ probably is extremely illegal with very few exceptions. This is for knowledge purposes only.

I stumbled on a PDF on how to turn your Ruger 10/22 into a fully auto select fire rifle.

Anyway, it's interesting and is a must in any post apocalyptic situation. Right now all it would get you is an easy way to put money down the toilet. And a quick 10 years in the state pen, but knowledge is somthing that is legal.

How exactly would a full auto .22 be of any use whatsoever in a SHTF scenario?

Just curious about your reasoning behind it being a "must" in your words.
well, first and foremost sticking it to the man. After that I must admit, was ill thought out. There would be advantages to haveing a fully auto weapon, though few. If a weapon is semi and there what no restrictions, I beg the question why not? but as for a "must" I guess it's not a must just a "why not".

as most that have shot full auto will attest, it's a waste of ammo.. 30 rounds lasts what ... a few seconds? lots of fun, but not effective in a SHTF situation..

what happens after the 30 round dump? in SHTF ammo will be scarce... unless you have a belt fed and need to mow down a batallion that are conveniently lined up.. you're better off in semi-auto mode..

22LR @ 300 yards? Better have it scoped with a Nightforce, with a full 100 minutes of elevation, on a very canted base!:eek:

Why?

I shoot my Ruger 77/22 with SS ammo out to 300 (length of my range) quite frequently. I have it topped with a 2-7x32 BSA with BDC knobs which can hit water bottles at that distance.

Running it with the silencer it is awesome to pull the trigger and be able to do a "5" count before you hear the report of it hitting the target.

well, first and foremost sticking it to the man. After that I must admit, was ill thought out. There would be advantages to haveing a fully auto weapon, though few. If a weapon is semi and there what no restrictions, I beg the question why not? but as for a "must" I guess it's not a must just a "why not".

A full auto centerfire might be useful, but a rimfire? Not really.

Full auto is vastly over estimated for defensive purposes. It's really only useful for providing cover fire IF you are working with others in a team situation. I'm selling my Class III firearm because the money can be used more effectively elsewhere. I'd rather have a few more solid AR 15 platforms, ammunition, and some decent long range platforms, plus other goods than a machine gun. To me a single suppressed 300 AAC is worth a half dozen machine guns.

In a firefight, I always figure the further away I am the better my chances for both effectiveness and survival. If I'm up front the guys who will be intimidated by full auto would be shooting before they aim, the other guys - the trained and cool ones - would pick me out as the priority target. Better to toss the full auto to your annoying brother in law or other shirt tail relative and quietly target whoever shoots that direction when it starts.

Then again, I'm an assess, aim, fire, assess, repeat as needed guy. I can always panic and piss myself later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top