JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to be visiting the Silverdale area for a few days soon. I think I might check out the submarine museum. Do any of you that live out that way have any recommendations on other fun stuff to do?

What sort of things do you like to do? For outdoor stuff I'd recommend hiking up Green Mt. if the weather is nice. If you like shopping, bakeries and tourist shops, Poulsbo has a nice downtown. Silverdale is mostly residential and shopping malls/stores. If you feel like doing outdoor activities there are lots of good places in Kitsap, but there isn't a lot of sight seeing type stuff.

I do like outdoor stuff - hopefully the weather will cooperate. We're planning on bringing our dog and I hear there's a dog park in Poulsbo so we'll probably visit that.

I think we'll also wander around Poulsbo while we're there.

I do like outdoor stuff - hopefully the weather will cooperate. We're planning on bringing our dog and I hear there's a dog park in Poulsbo so we'll probably visit that.

I think we'll also wander around Poulsbo while we're there.

Ok, there is a good walking trail system in Silverdale also. It starts at the <broken link removed> down on the waterfront and works its way through town and up the valley past town. Newberry Hill Heritage Park has some nice walking trails too. If you hear gunfire that's just KRRC which is right beside the walking trails. Green Mt. like I said is a great hike, especially on a clear day. From the summit you can see The Olympics, Cascades, Seattle and everything in between. I think it's the second highest point in Kitsap county. If you have a 4x4 you could always pop down into Mason county and explore Tahuya State Forest. The drive up to Hansville might be worth it to take a short walk on a sand beach. Manchester State Park in Manchester/Port Orchard can be fun to wander around for a bit. There are still a couple of cement bunkers from when it was used in the war. If you want to hike all day and get lost there are a ton of trails in the <broken link removed> . I prefer to park on Stottlemeyer Rd to access them but there might be better spots. Speaking of Port Gamble it can be fun to visit for a bit to see the sights. And of course there are more parks around Scenic Beach State Park, Kitsap Memorial State Park etc. <broken link removed> South Kitsap Regional Park is a favorite of mine, for dog walking, batting cages, and bmx dirt jumping. On certain days they even have miniature trains running around.

Sorry I wrote a book. I couldn't help myself. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top