JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While discussing this amoung co-workers/friends, a couple people don't think the parents should get "in trouble". But, I feel like if they knew a problem was there, whether in school/at home and the parents didn't take any steps to help stop the problem, they should be held to some sort of accountability.

At what point will people stop going with the "kids being kids" mentality?

My heart breaks for the families.

Be involved with your kids. Make sure they get your approval. Don't let them run unchecked on the internet. If you see that their quality of life is changing for the worst - find out why.

If you've raised demon spawn like the aggressor - take a good hard look in the mirror. Where did they get the idea that it is okay to treat people that way?

Our legal system in inadequate to deliver justice in this case. There is no justice here.

Today, a large majority of people who have kids do not know how to raise their kids (parenting), they are caught up in the rat race of working, socializing and keeping up with the Jones instead of leading their children to water (so to speak).
I worked hard and many weeks out of town, my wife stayed home with the kids and they turned out to be responsible and educated adults. Thank God that this scenario was B-4 all this tecno-social crap that is plaguing society today. Texting and driving is on its way to surpass drunk driving crashes (they are not accidents)!!!

To those who are raising gen. X & Y children, good luck and if you find something that works please spread the word to others.

Parents are the problem. You need to instill self worth in your kids so that they are not dependent on some crackpot's criticism on some internet forum. Parents are also responsible for teaching respect for others to their kids so they don't become bullies or a$$****s!! This is a cultural failure where parents rely on Youtube, MTV, Oprah, and Facebook to teach human values to their children. Parents have become lazy and would rather plop their kids down in front of the TV or hand them an Ipod than talk about life and society's short comings.

I grew up in in the Gen X era and have to say that the reason this stuff happens is a parenting issue, hands down. When I was a teen, things like drinking, drugs, fighting, etc. have been replaced by Facebook, Twitter and texting. If you have parents that never communicate until something's wrong, you're going to have big problems.

There is one problem I can see from prosecuting the cyber bullies legally and so publicly in the media. It may push future victims who are emotionally fragile into suicide sooner. Knowing that their persecutors will finally get punished by the law if they commit suicide might be the thing that pushes them towards it. Either way you got to get involved with your kids as much as possible. Unless you do they will be the next bully or victim.

so in order to fight this false bullying "epidemic" they use bully tactics?

Exactly. A person that is, that emotionally detached from reality, that is likely gonna commit suicide at some point in their life any how. Now can just start cutting themselves and claim their bully's made them do it. All the while the government will step in and bully whoever they claim is the 'bully'. Making that person or person's life miserable to the point that they will probably become insane just like the original suicidal person. Only winner from all of this is the government, because they get to feed their own addiction of 'bullying'. There's no 12 step program for the addiction of acting like an authority (tyrant).... Yet

You commit suicide because you have imbalances and other issues. Bullies are just the soup du' jour. You can't legislate niceness.

If I was as emotionally fragile as the girl who killed herself, I wouldn't have made it out of elementary school alive.
I've been on the receiving end of bullying that makes what this girl went through look like a day at the water park.

I know this sounds heartless, and that's most likely because it is on some level, but we're racing to the normalize lowest common denominator here.
Remember the old adage: "If someone told you to jump off a bridge, would you?" Nowadays, the police would race to arrest the person who told you to jump off a bridge. That's bullying, dont yah know.

I'm sorry, but if someone tells you to go kill yourself, AND YOU DO IT... It's your fault.

I mean, it started FTF - But never getting a break from it at all?

FTF is the hardest. You can't change your privacy settings for real life. You can't block a face to face meeting with the click of a few buttons like you can with facebook. There's no app to only let trusted people contact you like there is on a phone. If she wanted a break from the cyber part of bullying, that's EASY. It's the FTF that leaves scars. I know, I have a few of them.

Its plain to see that the government wants everyone to be passive to one another, with the exception being themselves. They're the only ones that should ever raise their voice or hammer of wrath in this world..... Because they're always right :rolleyes:

I think he said in multiple interviews that the investigation isn't over and he has a hard-on for one set of unrepentant/denying parents.

I gather that bad mommy just got arrested on like two counts of child abuse or something.
A video shows her beating the bejeebers out of one of her daughters and then critiquing her technique.
They say it's unrelated to the suicide/bullying.

Bullies bully because they are allowed to.

When I was in elementary school, I had a fella that would torment me mercilessly on the school bus every morning because I was a socially awkward, smelly kid. (due to abusive parenting) I loathed the ride to school, but there was no escaping it, as I feared my parents even worse than the bully.
One day, I just had enough. He was in the seat in front of me, and I grabbed a handful of his hair and yanked his head backward over the seat. Then I screamed as loud as I could right into his ear, "LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU *&#$%!!!!"
From that day on, he left me alone.

We do not teach kids to protect themselves anymore. Now the kids that do finally react to abuse often get to share in the discipline, because bullies usually run under the radar, as they know their behavior would get them in trouble if the general population witnessed it. That's why I like to see more and more video cams, just to justify the eventual reaction of the victim when they reach their limit of 'tolerance'. And it's amazing the outpouring of support for the victim when they are observed practicing calm endurance, then quick, decisive self protection.

Instead we pander to bullies, trying to convince them to change their behavior, which is like taming a hive of killer bees. The only thing they will understand is a power that is bigger than them, and not easily intimidated.

This seems to be especially rampant among the female folk of today because you can talk shiznit on the Interwebs and no one will punch you in the nose the moment the words leave your mouth. Combine that with young people thinking that their "media" life equals an actual life and this is what we get.

Call me "Old Man Deebow" but back in my day, if you talked fat crap about someone, you had to do it to their face and you could expect an immediate reaction. We didn't need cops to handle bullies, because a punch in the nose generally made your feelings known at school tomorrow when they tried to go for round two.

No need to ruin someone's life with a mark on their "permanent record" when a bloody nose can serve as a reminder to leave well enough alone.

This seems to be especially rampant among the female folk of today because you can talk shiznit on the Interwebs and no one will punch you in the nose the moment the words leave your mouth. Combine that with young people thinking that their "media" life equals an actual life and this is what we get.

Call me "Old Man Deebow" but back in my day, if you talked fat crap about someone, you had to do it to their face and you could expect an immediate reaction. We didn't need cops to handle bullies, because a punch in the nose generally made your feelings known at school tomorrow when they tried to go for round two.

No need to ruin someone's life with a mark on their "permanent record" when a bloody nose can serve as a reminder to leave well enough alone.

That's the way it should be...we've become a society that is too PC, too worried about feelings, too pampering, too dependent on others to step in and save the day. We need to step back and re-examine ourselves, our upbringing and our children. Most parents don't teach manners to their children probably because they never learned it themselves.
I was picked on a few times in elementary school...a few punches were exchanged and that stopped real quick. The 2 kids parents who were picking on me ended up having their parents visit my house to discuss the altercation. My dad, good on him, listened to the parents...laughed and slammed the door in their face and then asked me if i was ok. They picked a fight with me...I gave them just as many licks as they gave me and now they want to scream bloody murder. LOL
:s0137:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top