JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had just finished hand priming 500 each .223 rifle cases, and while laying down the priming tool,
I thought I heard something that sounded like a primer bouncing on the bench top. after looking all
around the area I couldn't find a loose primer anywhere. And then the thought hit me, Did that primer
fall into the large plastic bowl containing my freshly primed .223s ? Stirred them around looking for
the primer that I wasn't even sure had actually fallen in the first place didn't produce anything.
For safties sake I felt obligated to check each case to see if it had gone in the mouth of the case.
493 cases later I found it. It was inside one of the case !! Hopefully I avoided a Kaboom. I'm not
sure if I had finished loading that round and then shot it, what the results would be.
What do You think would have happend ??

Good Shooting

Lindy

Old Elmer said that the proper primer was close to paramount or to be seriously considered empirically. And then he went on to invent these crazy duplex loads with primer flash tubes going 3/4 up the case.. they use that/those to this day in artillery thangs

"Bowl" Yes I use two large round bottom bowls when priming. 500 unprimed in the first bowl,
And when I'm finished there are 500 primed cases in the second bowl.

Good Shooting

Lindy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews