JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't been able to find out exactly what it is. Either maker or what a round looks like. ****, all I'd need is a headstamp. It can't be the frangible stuff that civvies get, that's just treated copper.

I wonder what effect this will have on the sale/manufacture of tungsten shot shells for waterfowl? The whole point was to eliminate lead in the water, this may be worse?

Yeah, for the same reasons the military would use it for training, it gets pretty close to the weight of lead. It's expensive shot but a lot more effective than steel.

Why do I get the same sense of deja vu when reading about this that I get with all the preaching over the supposedly "safe" compact fluorescent light bulbs?? You know the ones that need to be "specially disposed of" due to the mercury in them. :nuts:

With all the stuff out there that is now a "health risk" I am amazed that my parents are even still alive and survived the "dark ages". :s0131:

WSKdtFQ.png

Tungsten?? We're worried about filaments made of tungsten now?o_O

;)Given the age of this thread...
...shouldn't it be about candlewicks made of linen and tallow?
or, using pewter for shot?;)

Interesting topic. There has been an increased use of Wolfram (tungsten) ceramics as an agent to increase metal hardness in high stress applications. There have also been multiple studies that indicate much higher incidents of toxicity than previously thought. Everything from mining to processing and end use is being studied.

Restrictions on use will have a significant impact on major industries. Tooling and machining industries are the first ones that come to mind, but the impact on aviation will be significant. Wouldn't be surprised to hear of massive remediation projects in the US, while component production moves to third world countries.

What is not surprising is that heavy metals are toxic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top