JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A couple of friends were talking about a client the other day and when one mentioned being 'jewed down' on his price I understood that he wasn't trying to insult me.
Interesting because this reminded me of being a little boy and saying something like that to my brother, "like quit trying to Jew me down on this hotwheel trade"...and then I didn't even know what a Jew was or even an Israeli. I must have heard it from somewhere, but it was in no way something I felt derogatory since we got whooped for cussing or saying bad words or being mean to others.

Not really. Anything having to do with social science is typically a joke in the scientific community (real science, as in physics or biology).
I have performed studies and written papers based on them in the field of social psychology. Properly designed studies of this kind produce accurate results and are indeed valid science. Many statistical math functions, such as the Pearson Product Moment calculation, which establishes correlations between pairs of phenomena, were invented specifically to analyze social science data.

That said, it is difficult to design a study that takes into account all confounding factors, and allows for all possible biases in the data. That fact needs to be kept in the forefront when discussing the results. What is too easy is to design a study that produces precisely the results you wanted. It is this kind of abuse that gives all fields of science a bad rap these days.

Dr. Richard Horton is the current editor-in-chief of the Lancet, which is considered to be one of the most well respected peer-reviewed medical journals in the world. He recently published a statement declaring that a lot of published research is in fact unreliable at best, if not completely false:

"The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness."

Interesting because this reminded me of being a little boy and saying something like that to my brother, "like quit trying to Jew me down on this hotwheel trade"...and then I didn't even know what a Jew was or even an Israeli. I must have heard it from somewhere, but it was in no way something I felt derogatory since we got whooped for cussing or saying bad words or being mean to others.

So because your parents weren't jewish I hafta see it?

I can assure you, if I started saying "that damn christian tried to jesus me down again"
I would never hear the end of it & even if I didn't it would still be wrong of me to say it

All we need to do is make things illegal-er. Maybe if each potential crime had say 15 or 20 laws against it. "Illegal-er" is the answer.

He tried to force you to grow long hair and wear sandals? THAT BASTARD!

I don't know, whenever I try to tell myself 'it is nothing to insult a race of people'
I keep winding up feeling like that isn't the right answer either. Please enlighten
me, as You seem to have a different way of looking at it.

Should I just say, "I'm sorry your comment bothers me?"
Perhaps you'd prefer my Dad's old saying, " shut up billy, nobody wants to hear your BS"

"Esteemed" by who?

Has this "study" been peer reviewed?

By who?

Where is their research and experiments?

Where is their control group?

I used to work for a doctor when I was writing medical software.

I learned that their "institutes" and "foundations" et. al., were just a bunch of orgs put on paper so they could publish each others "studies" and "research" (if you publish my "study" I will publish yours) that supported selling their products (e.g., the software I wrote for the doctor) to the naive who thought these people were smart and wise because they had titles and the "institutes" would publish their "studies".

how about they add this law too... " All law breaking criminals must obey the law now and buy guns legally" sounds pretty good right? makes me feel good that i tried and that is all that matters.

:eek:

Facebook-True-story-7761da.png

So because your parents weren't jewish I hafta see it?

I can assure you, if I started saying "that damn christian tried to jesus me down again"
I would never hear the end of it & even if I didn't it would still be wrong of me to say it
Try not to be so emotional and look back at what I typed. That was 50yrs ago when I was a boy. I was attempting to communicate the fact that certain things were just said 'without even knowing' what they meant. You know, like saying Jesus Bubblegumming Christ when the person gets angry. It's simple ignore-ance, but when one understands the words, then one has responsibility for their usage.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Background checks for ammo sounds like just one more infringing of the 2nd amendment. Either we're a constitutional republic, or we're not.

Hmmm, what do I think ? ? Well, I think they have no idea what they are talking about. :confused: Keeping that in mind, if I were them, I think they deserve a refund from the Universities they received their degree from.

Last Edited:
Lmfao. So they forgot about the billions if not trillions of rounds of ammo on the streets already as well as all the crappy firearms criminals currently have in their possession. What about home break-ins?
None of these would stop someone from breaking in while you were at work and completely circumventing the "laws".

I honestly cannot read these type of things without my blood begining to boil. Their ignorance on the subject is astounding.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top