JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just arrange a range day or something. I'm sure that anyone around here will be willing to let you shoot what they've got, as long as you share too, and just asking at the range for advice will get you more than you ever want;)

When it comes to basic shooting there are tons of people who can teach you how to press the trigger and perform the basic functions of a given weapon. When it comes to other aspects of shooting that transcend just shooting from a static location and at a known distance to target the number of instructors dwindle considerably. This is also true of people who are trying to learn about what to do and not to do in a home defense environment.

I think we need more info..

What do you want help in?

Long range ( cause we need a long range for that )
Hitting stuff? 8)

basic fundamentals of not shooting yourself.

I don't know much and could probably teach less.. but more info would be preferable....

Just arrange a range day or something. I'm sure that anyone around here will be willing to let you shoot what they've got, as long as you share too, and just asking at the range for advice will get you more than you ever want;)
Well, of course - that's why I said...
I have my own ammunition, targets and armaments.
But I would love to shoot other people's weapons too, ;D...

I think we need more info..

What do you want help in?

Long range ( cause we need a long range for that )
Hitting stuff? 8)

basic fundamentals of not shooting yourself.

I don't know much and could probably teach less.. but more info would be preferable....

Well, since I'm new - I'd like to learn a bit about getting target acquisition through the sights, grip, stance... etc - I think I should learn that before I get into more advanced thing, basic familiarization with the weapon. I have a good amount of safety instruction and understanding under my belt for a new shooter, but I want to take a lot of time without having large gaps in between to really get it down to a level where I can really be a safe shooter. Then I can move on to more advanced movements and scenarios.

I'm open to teaching folks if anyone is interested.

Been teaching basic, advanced, hi-speed/low drag stuff for the past 15 years..........which includes SWAT type stuff, use of force issues etc.

Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun..............get a group together, and let me know.

Awesome, lets do this! Someone in WA pick a time and a place, and we are golden! I don't mind driving, as long as everyone promises not to shoot too many holes through my car;)

I live up the gorge, about an hour and 1/2 from Portland.

The problem I have at the moment is that I work weekend nights..........so doing a weekend thing won't work for me right off. But I can put in for a day off and go from there. Earliest would be Sat the 27th, unless folks could get together during the week.

You guys come up with a place where we can be dynamic, in other words, draw from the holster, be able to turn 360 with a gun out etc. and I'll do the driving, as it seems most are down around Portland area.

Lemme know...........

Also let me know what types of things you're interested in doing...........as well as what types of firearms..........pistol, rifle, shotgun etc.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top