JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

14 year old takes ammo to school and the police show up to confiscate parents firearms.

"Officials said the firearms seized were all stored in safes inside the home"

"As of Friday, no criminal charges have been filed, and deputies said they have not uncovered any specific threats towards the school or students"

I wouldn't open my safe. Course I wouldn't tell them where it was so being asked to open it wouldn't come up. Out of Sight out of mind LOL

I wouldn't open my safe. Course I wouldn't tell them where it was so being asked to open it wouldn't come up. Out of Sight out of mind LOL

Guns?!??! What guns?!?! I lost them all in a tragic boating accident and all I have is the ammo to remember them by

On a serious note this doesn't even surprise me, I was once suspended from school for bringing a picture of my first hunting success (male pheasant with an Ithaca I paid for with summer job money) at 13 for a show and tell...something about "disregarding others sensibilitys" or some such....probably goes without saying but this was in Kommiefornia

ETA: my fathers reaction at the time was priceless :D "well hell now we have time to do more hunting" directly to my principal I almost never felt so proud.

This just highlights the audacity and retardation that is the craze of red flag laws....hell my family would have went through it should I have been raised just a couple decades later

We're talking about AMMO here not FIREARMS. Isn't there just as good a chance the ammo came from some other place as it coming from the parent's house? You don't undergo a background check to get ammo - maybe someone's older brother had bought it? I'm sure honest parents would have ended up admitting anyways but I think it's a bit kneejerk to assume that ammo is as difficult to get as the firearm itself and therefore could have only come from the parent. I wonder if that can be considered probable cause.

A whole lot of attempts and creating controversy that interestingly coincides with them trying to push more egregious bills.

"According to deputies, the firearms were registered to the parents of the 14-year-old student."
-AND-
"Officials said the firearms seized were all stored in safes inside the home and were the same caliber as the ammunition the students had at school on Monday."

So, "registered" and properly stored. Sounds like the parents were in full compliance of 1639 and the public was STILL at great risk.

I don't like this story.

Sidenote; When I was in 5th and 6th grade all my little buddies and I kept a .22 round inserted through the red Levis label on the chest pocket of our denim jackets. Don't remember the school going into lockdown even once.:s0141:

And so it begins...we watch our rights slide down the slippery slope of "public potentially harmed"..
So I own vehicles in my garage and I have alcohol in my home. Those two CAN be deadly when mixed.
That's how ridiculous this has become...:s0037:

things are out of control by the left wing corn holes , I make sure my kids understand that anything they say or do in school can and will be used against them and our family , I trust the school system about as much as I trust a stranger in a dark alley
every time after I take my kids to the range afterwords I make them check their pockets , clothes, kind of pat themselves down
because I know if a piece of spent brass somehow gets in their clothes , pockets, or whatever by mistake and migrates
by accident if can lead to a huge issue.

Last Edited:
Sidenote; When I was in 5th and 6th grade all my little buddies and I kept a .22 round inserted through the red Levis label on the chest pocket of our denim jackets. Don't remember the school going into lockdown even once.

Like many rural residents of a few generations ago, my wife's brothers, and their friends, took their .22 rifles to school on many days so that they could go squirrel hunting afterwards. Left the rifles where the coats got hung... no big deal at the time.

And these are the stories we need to get out to our "fence sitting" friends and family who are reasonable but think "common sense" gun laws sound good. Again, common sense is a superpower and the government is not in possession of this.

Drop drills used to be the scariest thing as far as indoctrination at schools. NJ locked down thousands of school kids that seemingly were safe (with so much law enforcement there). In this school case it is the LEOs that look to be at fault. If there was no danger found at the school and they felt they knew the kids that did it, what was the point of taking the parents guns? The community was no safer. No mention of arrest. The school itself caused more damage than needed.

Granted it was a dumb thing for a teenager to do but teenagers do dumb things. The education system should be aware of that.

*** Sorry. Original text from my phone usually auto corrects like crazy ***

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top