JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, here is my problem.
I ordered a can from Witt machine back on 1-4-22, called my LGS and informed them of the purchase (this being my 1st time dealing with a regulated item) I told them I wasn't sure what to do next,was told no problem go to silencershop's website and set up and account which I did.
Fast forward to end of February I went in to LGS and using the silencershop kiosk, filled out all my personal info, fingerprints, picture etc, paid the money $200 +40 +26 I think? And was told I would receive a confirmation email.
Got busy with moving and forgot about until last week when it dawned on me its been almost 2 months and j haven't heard anything from anyone. So I logged into my SH account and it is empty, no fingerprints, no pictures, nothing. Then I call LGS and inquire if they have received the item, they have not, told me to contact Witt. Which I did and was told Witt never received a request for their SOT license from LGS.
I am now completely stuck, I have sent an email to SH customer service, left a VM, both with no reply and LGS says they have no information for me and keep telling me to contact SH. What do I do now?

Ok, but does witt machine recognize you made a purchase? Because if they have your money and a record of sale, you should be able to restart the process and not be out much money overall. The silencer shop kiosk thing would annoy me most if my info never transferred to my account

Assuming you are using the short hand of SH for SilencerShop which most folks use SS for short hand, your dealer can't do anything until the Witt Machine suppressor arrives. Steps in the process you are using:
- Purchase suppressor outside of SS
- Your SOT (dealer) then has to send a copy of their license to Witt so they can complete the Form 3 with the ATF. The approved form 3 allows Witt to transfer (ship) the suppressor to your SOT.
- SOT then uploads suppressor into their SS inventory and assigns it to you
- If your SS items are complete (profile, fingerprints, etc...) then you have to decide if you are going eforms or paper form.
- Assuming you are going eforms, you then need to setup your ATF eforms account. Your dealer also has to have their eforms account setup.
- You then jointly submit the eform 4
- Wait for approval (seeing 90 day turn around right now with eforms).
- Once approved you go in and pick it up based on the rules of your state.

If your SOT deals in NFA items they should have been able to explain this to you very easily. If they weren't able to explain the process to you in an easily understood manner then I would view it as a big red flag, unwind your transactions via refund and start over with a SOT that knows what they are doing. You are starting at zero based on your explanation so you lose nothing by starting with a SOT who knows what they are doing. Witt can ship your can to any SOT you want to handle your transaction so you don't have to start the purchase of the can over.

Make sure your eForm account uses the same email address as your SS account too. Seems like a small detail, but you'd be surprised at how many people use multiple email addresses for things.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top