Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Stuck case

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by dolphins84te, Feb 8, 2010.

1. dolphins84te

dolphins84te Redmond, OR Member

Among some stuff that I just bought, there is a nice new set of RCBS 30-06 dies with a stuck case in the sizing/decapping die. The previous owner said that he "tried everything" and couldn't get it out. The base of the case is gone and only a little protrudes from the die and that is very torn up from (presumably) needle-nose pliers.

Any suggestions on this?

2. brad691

brad691 milwaukie Member

RCBS case removal kit you can get them at almoast any store that sales reloading suplies.

3. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The RCBS stuck case tool requires the that case head still be there. Doesn't seem to be the case in this instance.

I'd start by removing the expander button. Then thread a tap into the de-headed case attempt to drive the tap and case out of the die with a punch.

Good luck.

4. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

+1 for the RCBS stuck die remover kit. I had a 223 that was stuck. Spent <20 bucks on the kit and was able to easily remove the case.

5. terryjoe97448

terryjoe97448 junction city New Member

you can use cerosafe chamber casting alloy. remove the expander ball and stem plug the top ahead infront of the threds with a patch . melt alloy and pore it into die let it harden drive it out with a punch