JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone built or are using a strong cage of some kind for storing stuff other than guns? Like ammo, powder etc. Not full blow gun safe but a locked-down area with maybe chainlink or panel steel or something. I have some ideas to build a strongbox area ya the right tools and time one could get through it but that's long enough that it's discouraging to mess with knowing the noise to get in and time = someone with a gun WILL show up before they get in.

If my income comes back sufficiently, I am still considering getting a 20' container and putting that inside my 2K SF shop on one side, then adding stronger locks to the closing bar mechanisms, fire resistant drywall inside, a safe or two for the guns, the shelfs that I store ammo on, and tools inside it too. Then add an alarm system and cams to the shop. Now that I am home 99% of the time I think that would be good.

For a few hundred bucks you can get some pretty tough construction site boxes delivered from HD that you can bolt down or chain up. I use one for some reloading things...super tough but may not be big enough for bigger stashes :cool:

For a few hundred bucks you can get some pretty tough construction site boxes delivered from HD that you can bolt down or chain up. I use one for some reloading things...super tough but may not be big enough for bigger stashes :cool:

That's a great idea. I actually have two abandoned ones at my business left by the last tenant in our building over 12yrs ago. I can have them blasted and painted. Hmmm Good thought. I will see how "functional" they are. I know one still opens and is dry as we keep fuel cans in it.

+1. Metal Job boxes are great for ammo storage and storage in general. Many have an opening so you can run power inside if you want to install a light or a golden rod or something. And you can mount wheels on them which makes them wonderfully mobile. :)

I have a gun safe that looks like a job box but isn't. Bought it from a member here for $200. It has two secure pin locks one on each end of the front. I have not set it up yet, but I have some racks to go in it for rifles. My intention is to use it in a camper for secure gun storage - and as a bench to sit on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top