Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

stripped ar15 lower??

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by live2hunt, Mar 6, 2011.

1. live2hunt

live2hunt Portland Member

Looking for info on where to get a good deal on a stripped ar15 lower?? anyone know a local dealer who has them in stock? please advise

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

3. absoluterik07

absoluterik07 Salem, OR Member

I think Trismn is saying you should post this in items wanted but also, Blackwater Tactical down here in Salem, has quite a few stripped lowers from Spike's Tactical, CMMG, S&W, etc.

4. live2hunt

Thanks for the info absoluterik07

5. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

I just bought my rock river complete lower from Keith's. They also carry other brands too.

6. live2hunt

What did you have to give for the RRA lower?

7. DinhRose

My left arm and leg. lol

The stripped lower is $200. I bought the complete lower with the 2 stage trigger for $380. Keith's has $20 off all lowers.

8. absoluterik07

FYI the lowers at blackwater are about $180-$200 unless it's a special edition then it costs a bit more. They also have parts kits and are more than accommodating if you need help installing it. Just to give you an idea on price. I know he has a few uppers coming in from spikes as well if you are looking at building it over awhile.

9. DinhRose

Yeah stripped lowers are around the same price give or take $20. However, i am in troutdale so blackwater is somewhat far to save $20. Plus my upper is RRA so i wanted to get a RRA lower too. Spike's tactical is great and I have one on my Spike's tactical upper too.

10. absoluterik07

Nice nice well then I hope you find a good deal! Let us know how it looks afterwards (pics)

11. chevytatt

chevytatt Salem Member

I would also highly recommend Keith's out in Gresham. They always seem to have tons and tons of stock.

12. live2hunt

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will post photos when I am done

13. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

I have a feeling there are going to be a bunch of surplus arms and ammo lowers popping up on here for about a 100 pretty soon they are made by aero precision

14. DirectDrive

DirectDrive Vancouver, WA Active Member

Man, I hope so.
    A guy should not have to pay $200 for a garden-variety, stripped lower !

15. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

word. I think you can get a SAA lower from Aim Surplus for $60 or 70. But then you have to pay shipping, transfer and BGC fees. But if you buy more than 1 your can spread out the cost a bit. I would just watch the classifieds like a hawk. You can get some pretty good deals on lowers from time to time if you are not in a hurry. Or just shop around. The prices for lowers at keiths aren't that great IMO and there are better deals to be had. Heck, pm a couple of the vendors on this board and see what they have in stock. I am sure a couple of them will have some decent lowers for good prices.

16. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

You can find forged 7075 stripped lowers for about $60 (45-50 in bulk) on-line, add $10 for shipping then the x-fer fees. Should be under $100. Venders at last weekends Albany show had stripped lowers for $110 otd. $200 is nuts unless you are getting into custom billet stuff.

17. DinhRose

I agree $200 is nuts for a stripped lower. Then again why do people buy different cars or shoes? It all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.