JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you shot the Scorpion EVO? I think it might be an 8, granted I have not shot the others of question.
Wired had a great comparison (maybe in this thread above) comparing numerous 9mm PCCs and I think the evo was one of those. His comparison pretty much exactly matched the research (not shooting them) that I've done. So I would lean on that comparison as the best answer we have right now (short of shooting them yourself I mean). I need to find that post.

I will be shooting a scorpion, mp5, Stribog and mp5k , blowback 9mm AR and a CMMG delayed rotary tomorrow. I'll take some notes.

FWIW my favorite shooter is the MP5K clone. Guns are like your kids. You feel weird admitting one of them is your favorite but ....you know.

A couple screenshots of the A1 vs A3 bolts from the video:
a3 bolt.JPG
a3 bolt2.JPG

In S/A form, I see no reason to get excited for the release of the A3 design. It's not worth the investment.
If/when they decide to release the Glock compatible lower, then maybe I'll consider the expenditure.
If no lower, the steel lipped mags will do.

On another topic, where would I find a shorter barrel?

Delayed blowback guns suppress a little better but the Stribog A1 is pretty good in that respect already. Yes, you get a softer recoil impulse out of a delayed gun. That is true of the Sttribog vs HK for example as well.

I wouldnt buy a Glock mag lower. The mags are hard to load and they look stupid. Colt mag? I'd be on that like a hobo on a hotdog. Easy to load and cheap. In Lead We Trust makes a shorter Stribog 3 lug barrel with Navy threads I have one on mine. Nice piece. They (he) dropped the Glock Lower idea with little to no interest. Most people screaming for Glock lowers are cheapskates ( they own Glocks duh ) who wouldnt pony up for one. Smart guys want Colt mags :).

Stribog ...upper left.

4pStex.jpg

Delayed blowback guns suppress a little better but the Stribog A1 is pretty good in that respect already. Yes, you get a softer recoil impulse out of a delayed gun. That is true of the Sttribog vs HK for example as well.

I wouldnt buy a Glock mag lower. The mags are hard to load and they look stupid. Colt mag? I'd be on that like a hobo n a hotdog. Easy to load and cheap. In Lead We Trust makes a shorter Stribog 3 lug barrel with Navy threads I have one on mine. Nice piece. The dropped the Glock Lower idea with little to no interest. Most people screaming for Glock lowers are cheapskates ( they own Glocks duh ) who wouldnt pony up for one. Smart guys want Colt mags :).
Hater! ;)

I wouldnt buy a Glock mag lower. The mags are hard to load and they look stupid. Colt mag? I'd be on that like a hobo on a hotdog. Easy to load and cheap. In Lead We Trust makes a shorter Stribog 3 lug barrel with Navy threads I have one on mine. Nice piece. They (he) dropped the Glock Lower idea with little to no interest. Most people screaming for Glock lowers are cheapskates ( they own Glocks duh ) who wouldnt pony up for one. Smart guys want Colt mags :).

Stribog ...upper left.

View attachment 717841
You really go all out in the SBR world!:eek:

FYI I got an email from joe bob outfitters just now that the A3 is in stock but going to their website it is already sold out. Gunprodeals has the A3 with brace for $1250 (or maybe $1299 can't remember).

Just passing the info along. I am going to wait and see On the A3 cuz I'm happy with the A1 and for me to be worth it to upgrade it really has to have comparable recoil impulse to an mp5. And so far there isn't enough info to accurately gauge that imo. I had assumed A3 was a true roller locked system exactly like mp5. Maybe the A3 is just as good who knows? One thing I did notice on the gunprodeals pics is that the mags do have the metal lips. So that's cool. It's still compelling at $1000 but I'm going to wait for now.
23ABCB68-1116-4DFC-ACA7-79847FC95ADC.jpeg
E436FEE0-9AAE-4506-9AE6-91DEDBB97883.jpeg Here is the joe bob outfitters status for the morning they arrived: C00645AC-5E86-4C84-A389-B634DB1B0931.jpeg

Last Edited:
$1249 ? I paid that for my PTR MP5 Clone. Its a better gun.
Yea $1000 for gun and $250 for brace. I agree A3 is getting close to mp5 clone territory. I like the small Sp5k-sized PTR clone. Can't remember model name. If u have a source for a PTR clone for $1249 I'd love to see via pm if possible. That would be very tempting.

I got mine from Atlantic on sale for $1250 and sbr'd it. I also have the mp5k clone that I paid another $200 for but it's a little jewel. Also stamped now.

Picked up my A3 today.

It joins my PTR-9CT (MP5), a B&T GHM9 and a Scorpion. Range trip this weekend. I've shot a buddies A2 and it was a reasonably soft shooter but the GHM9 and the PTR were both noticeably softer.

20200729_143344_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Picked up my A3 today.

It joins my PTR-9CT (MP5), a B&T GHM9 and a Scorpion. Range trip this weekend. I've shot a buddies A2 and it was a reasonably soft shooter but the GHM9 and the PTR were both noticeably softer.

View attachment 732547

Awesome! I have an almost identical collection of PCC's (SP5, Scorpion, GHM9). I'd love to know what you think of it compared to the others. I've been eyeballing one of these for a while.

I noticed this new video shooting A3 and A1 version back to back. Video kind of jumps all over the place but the back-back shooting part is helpful I think for a comparison. I had an extra AR ordered at sportsman's warehouse but the in-store wait was simply ridiculous so I cancelled it. Maybe I will add an A3 instead.

Also I'm not sure anyone would be interested in this besides me but fwiw here is a side by side size comparison of the brn-180s in 223 wylde vs the Stribog. Also brn-180s just became avail this week in 300 BO. So kind of debating stribog A3 vs brn-180s in 300BO. Similar money (upper is $900). 3DD69CF4-0E74-4C2D-A8FC-424B452BFC4B.jpeg

Last Edited:
I noticed this new video shooting A3 and A1 version back to back. Video kind of jumps all over the place but the back-back shooting part is helpful I think for a comparison. I had an extra AR ordered at sportsman's warehouse but the in-store wait was simply ridiculous so I cancelled it. Maybe I will add an A3 instead.

Also I'm not sure anyone would be interested in this besides me but fwiw here is a side by side size comparison of the brn-180s in 223 wylde vs the Stribog. Also brn-180s just became avail this week in 300 BO. So kind of debating stribog A3 vs brn-180s in 300BO. Similar money (upper is $900).View attachment 735697
I have the BRN-180 in .223 on an SBR New Frontier folding lower and the A1 Stribog, and the A3 Stribog sitting at my dealers once he gets back from vacation. I'll pick up the 300 BO 180 upper for a BRN 180 lower I happen to have once they start doing some sales around labor day. I am doing that even though its shot pattern is only slightly better than my 12 gauges.

j45tZI.jpg

Which one do I like the best?

The Stribog A1 is very accurate . More accurate than any 9mm rifle Ive ever handled. A laser on that gun turn it into a 30 yard hole punch.

Iv8ZgM.jpg

Which do I like the best? The PTR's. They are so smooth and quiet with a silencer.

gLMuSm.jpg

MkCh7a.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top