JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get what you're saying, as they are a bummer to knock out. A good thing really.
The factory pins are a PITA, I agree.
'Don't let my opinions sway you, as that's not my intentions!!
I think if the right someone had it in their hands, with well seasoned design experience, something better could be made.
Oh absolutely. I've got stuff on my gun you may be appalled by and vice-versa but thats the great thing man it's my gun and it's your gun. By no means did I feel like you were trying to sway me in any direction. I just know that my KSG and RDB have held up just fine with as many take downs and rounds through them in pretty sure the Stribog will be ok. PS There is always room for improvement

Great find. I've been using the end cap that 2D2dend showed above but my pic rail QD attachment doesn't seat perfectly on the bottom due to lack of pic rail space.

Been pondering whether to try a different pic rail attached qd mount or not. The one u listed would work for sure I just wish it wasn't so spendy. Hmmm might have to try it.

Last Edited:
You're having an issue with the BCM/QD like I have?
I have read that some of them had seating issues, due to how they were cast.

Dan Haga's limits the brace height.
The QD should be on the bottom pointing down.

I want to get a small 9mm pcc like the stribog or extar, etc for a small stature recoil averse female to use for HD.

What has the lowest recoil of the bunch? I have heard some of you say that rotary delayed blowback is supposed to be the lowest recoil.
Lowest recoil I have tried is the nak9 which takes glock mags and sounds good suppressed. It is heavy. However that is part of the reason there is almost no recoil.

Price is good too.

Incase we have any FDE fans in here. First time I've seen it
28AF89C2-FF87-4942-BA04-5D74AA2F70F1.png

Looks like a nice combo! How do u like shooting with the vertical grip? I had an angled grip on mine but took it off mainly just cuz it took up too much real estate. I never gave it a fair trial shooting wise.
Havent taken it out yet but I do have verticals on my other SBR's and it does make shooting much more controllable.

Good video. Nice to see the metal lip mags finally making it to the market. Good description of the rotating bolt mechanism which I had not seen before. It makes sense when you think about grand power's rotating barrel pistols.

What I'm most curious about is how smooth is the gun compared to an mp5? At the end he says it's not as smooth as mp5. He also compared a3 to a1 in the middle of the video. So hard to tell without shooting them head to head. I wish he could have ranked the recoil impulse from 1-10 or something (mp5 being a 10) then we would have some idea how smooth A3 is relative to a1 and also to mp5.

I had assumed A3 version was going to be about equal to mp5 but video makes it unclear. At $630 to $650 for A1 it's a pretty easy decision value wise for me. At $1000 the A3 is getting closer to mp5 clone prices and if it doesn't have the same smoothness it makes it a tougher call for me. I guess I just don't value a pcc that highly. Fe I think about all the Different guns on my "want" list that I could buy with the difference between say a SP5 ($2700) and an a1. That's a big $ difference and would buy a lot of guns. Upgrading from a1 to A3 or mp5 clone is a tougher call.

Last Edited:
I do not know if it matters, but are not delayed blowbacks slower in their rate of fire versus straight blowbacks? I recall reading and seeing a video of fill-autos with both action types, it stated the latter has a faster rate of fire.

Cool, mrgunsandgear just replied to my query on ranking the recoil impulse. He said a1=8, A3=10, mp5=10. So that is helpful to see one reviewers opinion anyway. I appreciate the objectivity of the video.

I do not know if it matters, but are not delayed blowbacks slower in their rate of fire versus straight blowbacks? I recall reading and seeing a video of fill-autos with both action types, it stated the latter has a faster rate of fire.
On one video where the guy was shooting both On full auto, as I recall he stated a1 was 800rpm and A3 was 600 rpm. I think the video may be posted above I will have to check. I know when "recoil firing" the a1 it is flippin' fast (fwiw of course, it's not the same as designed full auto), way faster than 600rpm.

What is the value of the 10 or 1, heavy or light?
10 = light/smooth. I kind of agree with @wired, we are always chasing something "better", but how much better does it have to be? I know for the a1, when shooting 2 shot drills when rotating body or moving to acquire different targets, it makes me a much better shooter than I have any right to be. ;) On bill (6 shot) drills doing the same thing, I need work. I'm thinking things like the 6 shot drills is where the A3 would have benefits. But again is it really needed? and realistically is it needed in my situation where really the gun is not the limiting factor, but my bill drill technique? Hmmm...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top