JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That angled foregrip looks like it is less than 90 degrees.
View attachment 628748
Have you seen anywhere where "less than 90 degrees" is a definition used by ATF? I haven't (doesn't mean it doesn't exist though, I may have just not seen it). This is one area I would not want to mess around with unless I knew the grip was sold as, and is, an angled foregrip. Here are three grips that are less than 90 degrees and are called a vertical grip (not an angled foregrip) by the manufacturer:
BCM-VG-KM-MOD-3-BLK-2T.jpg
BCM-GFVG-Black-2T.jpg
BCM-VG-S-BLK-2T.jpg

Last Edited:
My biggest dilemma, what -->light<-- am I going to use on this type of configuration?
I mocked it up (not on the top) with an Inforce APL, SFX300U-B, SFM300C, SFXC1B, and all are not necessarily ideal, given the boxi-ness and OAL.
Once I get the SP9Ax in my hands, maybe that will change.

My biggest dilemma, what -->light<-- am I going to use on this type of configuration?
I mocked it up (not on the top) with an Inforce APL, SFX300U-B, SFM300C, SFXC1B, and all are not necessarily ideal, given the boxi-ness and OAL.
Once I get the SP9Ax in my hands, maybe that will change.
I'm not up to Speed on any of those lights but have experimented a little with mounting locations (fwiw). A $2 Amazon o light offset mount will put a light/laser at the 3 o'clock position which is low enough that it's not in ur field of view and for me anyway doesn't interfere with a c-clamp grip (if mounted toward very front of gun). CCB01499-8952-4D89-A414-243383494699.jpeg
If u don't use a c clamp grip u can use offset mount on top (10 o'clock or 2 o'clock
position)which does slightly reduce your field of vision (photo makes it look like it's in front of optic but it's not, it's offset to the left). This is not an option for me cuz I like c clamp grip but may be ok for someone else. 9E53B155-E5AC-4490-8FE9-08DBAC1A9896.jpeg
Those are the only two positions I've experimented with so far. I like to keep bottom rail free for gripping. I tried an angled grip there also (I think there is a pic of it above in this thread) but it took up too much real estate on bottom for me and grip was better without it. This info may not fit for what ur doing. Just FYI.
Here is $2 o light offset mount:FYI:Olight M Series Offset Mount M Series Flashlight Offset Gun Mount, Black - Basic Handheld Flashlights - Amazon.com

I noticed this slick quick-open subgun carry pack. The front pocket (for a handgun) can be removed if desired. most packs have zippers which make them a no-go for me. But this one looks like a much better quick access design.

I filled out the necessary paperwork for the Stribog today.
Actually, they filled out the paperwork. I signed at the end.
Mike, the owner of the shop and I BS'd for about 1.5 hours.
Seeing (and actually touching) the Stribog, It's nice.
Won't be but maybe a couple days before I bring it home.
Oh, I mocked the Bog up under my arm, under my coat. I like it.

I'll base judgement when it's in my hands.
I've never tried that syntech 130 grain ammo. Maybe the gun doesn't like it? Mine runs fine with 115, 124, 147 grain of many different brands/kinds. Have had no malfunctions so far (probably have about 1200 rounds or so through it). I haven't heard of this issue in any of the other reviews either.

Makes me wonder a bit if he is loading them into the mag in an unusual way or if the polymer ammo is causing something weird in the mag. I always load the mags correctly so the round is all the way back but that goes for any gun/magazine.

I'm also always a tad bit wary of reviewers that sell one kind of gun and have poor reviews of a competing gun he doesn't sell. Not saying that is happening here but his company does sell b&t but not stribog. Copper Custom Armament

Personally I like to see all reviews good and bad so it's interesting to see he was having problems with the syntech ammo. If I ever buy that syntech ammo I will definitely try it out. I've also never tried steel case ammo, (only brass, nickel plated brass, and aluminum) so that's another one I want to test someday just for kicks.

Maybe grand power will install a Mac bracket like Palmetto did.

Honestly I think MAC is just a Lemon Magnet.

Because Sig 365s are not a bad thing or anything... ;)

OK, yes you got searching for it.
WTH is a MAC bracket?
Check out his reviews on the Palmetto AKV. His first one was similar to the above. PSA fixed the problems and name one of the fixes after his channel.

Looks like MAC found out what the problem was. The gun that was having issues has a "single rod" buffer/spring system (a new design). The normal ("original" I guess you can say now) buffer system, for both the reciprocating and non-reciprocating guns, does not have the problem.

So I think if u buy from gun pro deals or another seller that still has stock with the original 2 rod buffer system it is fine but if u buy from global ordnance their newest batch has the single rod buffer.

I didn't even know they changed the buffer system so it's a good find by MAC. I hope they go back to the original buffer/spring until their roller locked version comes out.

Last Edited:
Question is...

How do you know what version you would be getting?
Yea exactly. I think one would have to ask them to check. I know global ordance stock has been selling out fast so they r clearly onto the new buffer system ones I would guess.

Gun pro deals has never sold out completely as far as I know so with them and maybe others I would ask them to check and only go for the original 2 rod version.

it sounds to me, based on macs newest video, that they r using the roller locked buffer and spring on the newest US guns. So that spring is probably optimized for the roller locked version but sounds like spring is too strong for non-roller locked version (the only version available in the us right now). That's kind of just reiterating what was said on macs video.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads