JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just ordered one of these with 3 30 round mags. As I understand it this newer model has a non-reciprocating handle and improved delayed blow back system (see video below for a comparison using full auto versions).

I have a folding sig brace off a MPX that I'll put on it. Might be worth getting a suppressor on it I'll have to see on that. Here are a couple internet pics showing it with a non-folding brace. The ability to have no buffer tube and folding brace is critical for me to make a nice small package that can easily be put in backpack or wherever.

Here is a pic of one of the few different kinds of brace adapters available:

You do know the ATF has reinforced their position that with a VFG it makes that an AOW, right?
Pretty sure said picture is an SBR.

My point was the lower receiver was a prototype they did up that takes Glock mags and standard AR 15 grip safety and trigger.

Is this from the Gun.Deals website?
The reciprocating bolt was the main reason I didn't want to get this thing. Can't have that hitting my GF's hand and she's prefers guns like this over all else but the most obscenely large revolvers.
I think I'll pick one up!

The reciprocating bolt was the main reason I didn't want to get this thing. Can't have that hitting my GF's hand and she's prefers guns like this over all else but the most obscenely large revolvers.
I hear you on the old style reciprocating bolt. It may limit how you can hold it f.e. if you like a c clamp hold. I like the nightstrike angled grip (shown below) with c clamp hold. I'll move the grip and brace shown to the Stribog and see how I like it.

I was waiting for the PSA mp5 clone to come out but my trigger finger is itchy. ; ) That PSA gun has been delayed a long, long time and I wonder if the licensing with HK is the holdup. Judging by the prices of other mp5 clones PSA may have to sell it for a higher price than they would like (just me speculating - no proof). Yes ur right it's the gundeals 3 - 30 round mag deal for $670 Grand Power Stribog SP9A1 30+1 9mm (Non Reciprocating Charging Handle) - Threaded Barrel ($670 Shipped!!)

Last Edited:
I just use a pretty normal grip, supported at the fore end, but I'm not sure who will try to hold it how... so it's safer with the nonreciprocating bolt.
I just noticed the same pictures, and thought that was odd. Makes sense if you're still waiting for it to be delivered tho. We'd all appreciate a range report.

Meanwhile I'll just keep drooling over it! ;)

I just use a pretty normal grip, supported at the fore end, but I'm not sure who will try to hold it how... so it's safer with the nonreciprocating bolt.
I just noticed the same pictures, and thought that was odd. Makes sense if you're still waiting for it to be delivered tho. We'd all appreciate a range report.

Meanwhile I'll just keep drooling over it! ;)
I'll definitely report back after putting it through it's paces. One thing I like about the new one is the delayed blowback improvement. The benefit is more obvious in that video above due to the 800 rpm vs 600 rpm difference but I would guess it would be quite noticeable in semi auto also (just a guess though cuz I haven't shot both old and new versions).

Also speaking of rpm, a binary trigger yields roughly 600 rpm in my 22lr s&w 15-22clone and some other guns I've seen them used in. And that's probably the only thing I'm a little on the fence about with the stribog, Whether it has the potential to use a binary trigger.

I've seen reports of poeple using Franklin armory b&t binary triggers on a stribog and also the odd report of poeple using non-drop in regular ar triggers also. So it makes me wonder if I can use my existing standard binary trigger (an echo sport) which is a non-drop-in type. I don't expect that to work but would be a huge bonus if it did. 600 rpm would make this a pretty feisty gun. :p

As Reno stated above if a future version used standard AR triggers that would be a benefit in terms of binary triggers. But if current one will use the echo sport then that would be gravy. -on a side note, Echo says that their trigger won't work in a s&w 15-22 but it works great as long as one leaves out the extra trigger lock included with their kit. So Its hard to guess before trying it out as far as fitment. 'll check into it after I receive the gun.

Last Edited:
I would definitely like to know, however doubtful it is that I install a binary trigger. I like to have options. :)
Lovin' the look of that thing!

With a 22 the loads of ammo u use with binary trigger isn't a big deal but it is noticeable on more expensive calibers. Here's a banshee shooting 22 suppressed just for fun.

Got the gun and here is how it is set up at the moment. I'll wait to do a "first impressions" post until I shoot it but a few things struck me right off the bat. I was surprised it's able to fit into a laptop bag with brace on (mag not installed, I did not try it with mag installed). I knew it would fit into backpack but was surprised it fit in regular sized laptop bag (had my laptop planner etc. in there as well). I was also surprised at the trigger pull. I guess I was expecting more of an AR Mil-spec type trigger pull but it's quite a bit lighter than that. One of the reviews I saw measured between 4.5-4.9 lbs and that seems about right. Reset is also very short. I'm impressed with the build quality and even the FFL thought it seemed like build quality of a more expensive gun. The two exceptions to that are the little flip up sights, which are polymer and the bolt release lever. The bolt release lever kind of feels and works like a lighter sheet metal version of an AK safety lever. It's not that it's bad it's just more that the lever doesn't match the build quality of the rest of the gun so it kind of stands out. But I'm picky ha ha. Bolt action is smooth. Mags are all polymer except for spring but don't feel cheap. The fluted mag well is built well beyond what it has to be in terms of accepting mags pushed in at the wrong angle, and that's a good thing. IMG_1083 (1).jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

Last Edited:
I ordered a SP9A1 (G2) today, along with the PRA_GP_SP9 and FS1913 brace.
Dependent (need to wait for everything to arrive and mount it first) on height of the brace-attach point, a BCM sling attach point will be in order.
And a tri-lug mount for the barrel.
Nice! I think u will like it. It's been a little hard to find in stock recently as I understand it so it's good timing.

That is a nice brace. Looks to me like that brace is an excellent balance of being small/thin but still has good shooting comfort which is kinda ideal.

I have a simple mod in mind to mount my brace higher up on the rear pic rail than the safety harbor rear adapter (the one linked in ur post, PRA_GP_SP9) allows. I'll post a pic when I get it done. It's just a simple cut on top of safety harbor adapter (PRA_GP_SP9).

My brace (sig contour brace, pic shown below) is really minimalist so a drawback of it is lack of a good cheek weld. Raising it up may help with that and a side benefit of mounting it higher up like u said is it leaves room on the bottom of the PRA_GP_SP9 pic rail to mount a quick detach sling point.

B3E5CA58-61A5-4D14-A24F-362EBC72734D.jpeg

Last Edited:
I looked at the Contour and the FS1913. I found the latter for a very reasonable price, so I went with that.
Another thought, and thinking outside the box of availability, is the rear mount adapter "can be" more universal than what's obvious.
Cheekweld will be key to all. Then I'll evaluate all my ideas as other options

If you haven't shot one previously, you're in for a treat! My brother in law has the 1st gen...you seriously can't miss. Insanely accurate and fun to shoot. You'll love it

Me thinks the GF should know that the bolt bites and keep her hands away from it. Guys learn this really quick.... AAAKKKKKKK.:p

If you haven't shot one previously, you're in for a treat! My brother in law has the 1st gen...you seriously can't miss. Insanely accurate and fun to shoot. You'll love it
I haven't, but soon will.
Sounds like you might need one.
Pro Gun has a pretty sweet deal going!! ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top