JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you guys have a good sling setup? I've just seen someone on FB modify a QD mount to fit in the angled notch on the hand guard. It looks pretty slick, but no real way to mount to the brace or upper receiver. Thoughts?

Do you guys have a good sling setup? I've just seen someone on FB modify a QD mount to fit in the angled notch on the hand guard. It looks pretty slick, but no real way to mount to the brace or upper receiver. Thoughts?
What brace are you running? I have the sf1913 and have room for my qd slot on my rail

3B02DF9A-12F7-4A05-9B69-EB9795B1B744.jpeg
Not sure why that picture went sideways when I uploaded it

HB Industries folding adapter with APC9/MP5 style SB Tactical brace. I just did a quick search and found a Midwest Industries QD adapter that attaches to the brace, but I'm not sure that would be a sturdy location for a sling.

HB Industries folding adapter with APC9/MP5 style SB Tactical brace. I just did a quick search and found a Midwest Industries QD adapter that attaches to the brace, but I'm not sure that would be a sturdy location for a sling.
If your brace locks up tight then I don't see an issue. I can't speak for that brace but I know all the SB I've had locks up fairly solid

Typically I just run a single on the Stribog but have a ESD double point for it also. Not a huge fan of single point slings but not opposed to one on the Stribog

I like guns and gun accessories! :)

Hey, so when are they going to make these accept glock mags? :s0114:
Video from 4 years ago had the designer using what r I think uzi mags so who knows?
Speaking of accessories, I'm trying to figure out how to get a shoulder holster to work well with it. Works ok for a first test but needs 1 million adjustments to be "comfortable". Haven't hooked up the paracord which pulls out the brace yet. It does hold the gun solid and deploys with just a flick so that part works well fwiw. Thickness of the brace is an important factor for carrying this way I think. Like most shoulder holsters it hooks to ur belt on both sides so that does help mitigate the weight some.
A1925E5B-1443-4E85-B160-621C87640FB7.jpeg
80972A12-8B55-472B-8F04-5972833DC9EB.jpeg

Last Edited:
My biggest dilemma, what -->light<-- am I going to use on this type of configuration?
I mocked it up (not on the top) with an Inforce APL, SFX300U-B, SFM300C, SFXC1B, and all are not necessarily ideal, given the boxi-ness and OAL.
Once I get the SP9Ax in my hands, maybe that will change.

looks like tape switch on one side and light on the other. I've found streamlight to work well for this purpose.

Video from 4 years ago had the designer using what r I think uzi mags so who knows?
Speaking of accessories, I'm trying to figure out how to get a shoulder holster to work well with it. Works ok for a first test but needs 1 million adjustments to be "comfortable". Haven't hooked up the paracord which pulls out the brace yet. It does hold the gun solid and deploys with just a flick so that part works well fwiw. Thickness of the brace is an important factor for carrying this way I think. Like most shoulder holsters it hooks to ur belt on both sides so that does help mitigate the weight some.
View attachment 637710
View attachment 637711
Totally need that collapsible brace!

Don't quote me on this but I believe that was just used for testing stages and those white lowers were never anything to be put in production. I believe that was before he came up with the current lower. I don't believe that will be released by Grand Power

Considering I have the FS1913 brace, and there's enough room on the adapter, with the brace height set to good line-of-sight, I had/have a few ideas.
I ordered a couple different styles of Pic Rail QD thingamajiggies to try. Why there was not a QD attach point designed into the adapter, is beyond me.
The Pic Rail attach methods are one option. There's also options at Impact Weapon Components. There are are other options too, so don't narrow your options to what's been mentioned. QD mounts made specifically for other guns, there are a few there as well, with a little tooling to get them to work.

I'm waiting for pieces to arrive.

FWIW, an observation. The FS1913 brace (attach point) can be flipped so the brace folds to the ejection port side.

FWIW, an observation. The FS1913 brace (attach point) can be flipped so the brace folds to the ejection port side.
I like folding to the left for me as I have 4 firearms set up this way. I had one stribog shoulder carry system (not the one shown in pics above) where u just pull away from ur body then out and it deployed folding brace easily with no snaps to flick open. But can't get it to be comfortable yet. Not enough time to play with it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top