JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes it's designed to rotate (which I don't like). Looks really easy to stop it from rotating accidentally. Maybe just something to increase the friction might be enough cuz it's not on a bearing or anything as far as I can tell.

I'm thinking if you make it harder to rotate via increasing friction that keeps original design of splitting apart so it can be wrapped around ur arm. Increasing friction would just make it harder to split apart and rotate and not a modification vs pinning might be considered by someone to be a modification that makes it into a stock or something and I want to make sure it can't be considered as anything but an arm brace.

Last Edited:
FYI I found that graham baates video of shooting the roller locked version (A3) in full auto. It's just a short slow mo video but looks pretty smooth. Not that we can shoot full auto here but it's helpful to see recoil for fast firing. As I said on top I'm kinda always looking for a poor man's mp5 and the roller locked version of this gun is getting closer to that I think.

I found this review of stribog vs B&T APC-9 on the Truth about guns which is pretty interesting: Gun Review: Grand Power Stribog SP9A1 9mm Pistol - The Truth About Guns

Interesting he said he was shooting 2" groups at 25yds. Maybe he was shooting offhand but even then that seems worse than is typical for this gun. Shooting off-hand it is pretty easy to get < 2" groups shooting 2 shot drills as fast as you can (see example from last week at 34 yds below). Shooting slow fire from a kneeling position I get one ragged hole at 25yds, about 3/4" or so.

He also said his trigger was 7.5 lbs. Mine feels much lighter than that and most/all? reviews I've seen have been lighter than that. So maybe his trigger is heavier and that of course would affect accuracy (accuracy meaning how easy it is to shoot accurately, not inherent gun accuracy). I have held off trying to see if my fostech echo sport binary trigger works in it precisely because I don't really want to lose that realtively light trigger. Kind of makes me wonder if there is some variability on the triggers. When you look at the build quality of the trigger, trigger springs etc. it looks like something from an HK so I would be kinda surprised if there was variability, but who knows. Every shooter is different also so maybe that's a factor.

IMG_2234.jpg

20200315_084552.jpg
The TLR-7 works great as a finger stop, forward grip, and is amazing for easy manipulation of momentary on/off, on & strobe. If need be I can post a video of operation. Keeping it light was my goal.

Initial Review by honest outlaw below. I agree with him about the trigger, double taps, and how it likes to run fast. A little bird told me it is also very controllable when recoil firing (I don't call it bump firing cuz of what that connotates).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top