JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got a chance to take this gun to the range today for the first time. My impression in one word: "Smooth"

Some details on gun: Blowback. No buffer tube. Delayed bolt system - Bolt is forward of ejection port and on top of barrel. 8" barrel but small size overall due to bolt location (comparable to 6 and 7" barrels on other models). Fit in my laptop bag along with laptop and planner. Non reciprocating handle. Setup is with sig mpx gen1 folding brace, $25ish nightstrike angled foregrip, fyland $27 reflex red dot. Gun cost was $670 with 3 mags. I'll try to post pics below later when I'm at my computer.

Biggest "pros" for me:

-Soft shooter, not harsh
-Action very smooth
-Build quality very high
-Note: I can't say on reliability yet cuz only 200 rounds through it so far but other reviews have shown it can handle most any type of ammo (search YouTube especially graham bates review)
-No "twang" from buffer tube felt on ur cheek
-No buffer tube means easy to add folding stock without expensive law adapter or similar. Makes for a small package when folded. Telescoping brace would be great also I think.

Some "cons" that can be improved:

-Mag needs metal lips
-Don't like bolt release lever - cheap feeling. But I ended up releasing bolt every time by pulling back on charging handle. That big handle up front is nice and easy to grab.
-Flip up sights are polymer. Extra set of sights are included with gun.

Additional "pros" for me:

-Mag very easy to load by hand
-Mag release good, mag ejects strongly not just falls out
-Wide flaring makes easy to get mag in even at an angle
-Last round bolt hold open
-Love big charging handle
-Trigger is great

My test: shot straight out of box no cleaning or lube

100 rounds federal champion 115 gr aluminum case
50 rounds an eagle 115 gr brass
50 rounds am eagle 147 gr brass

No malfunctions

Setup 3 steel targets far apart from each other so had to rotate a long ways to acquire new target.

I'm almost exclusively a speed shooter and don't do much slow fire at all. Mostly did 2 shot as fast as possible sometimes more than 2 shots. And of course one obligatory 1/2 mag dump ha ha.

Also setup 1 paper target for sighting in and brief slow fire. 5 shots slowfire kneeling at 18 yds created one big ragged 3/4"ish hole

Bottom line: my holy grail for this type of gun is a full auto mp5. So I'm always looking for "a poor man's mp5". I can't compare recoil impulse/smoothness to mp5 or sig MPX cuz I haven't shot those, but for blowback imo it is very smooth. I found it to be much smoother and much less recoil impulse than a lighter weight polymer 9mm pcc I've shot. Love this gun and very happy with it for the price point. I think the step up to the next level would probably require a lot more money (e.g. sig mpx at $1500ish or mp5 at $2500ish).

A couple pics of this setup FYI:

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1083 (1).jpg

Here is a review from Graham bates FYI that discusses design and details (review of gen 1 which had reciprocating bolt): Grand Power Stribog 9mm Carbine Pistol - Video Review

I kind of like the look of these collapsible braces on this gun. Just wish they weren't so expensive. I might try to put a binary trigger on it today if I get time. I'm curious to see if it works without modification.

P1330530.jpg

KES_TH_21-1.png

Just updating this thread. Shot another 100 rounds of blazer brass 115 grain today and no malfunctions so far. Was able to keep all shots on target at 25 yds during rapid fire. Very smooth. The bolt has a lot of weight on top of and near the front of the gun so that deadens recoil somewhat. My understanding is that Grand Power will have a roller-locked version available in early 2020 which will cost about $200-$250 more. That one should be smoother still.

I also found this torture test here of shooting 15000 rounds in 30 days with no cleaning. Claims 1 misfire and 1 malfunction in 15,000 rounds:

"Our Eastern European friend as finished his torture test of the Stribog. After 15,000 rounds in 30 days, he had 1 misfire (ammo related) and 1 other malfunction (not specified). He would oil the rails every 500 rounds. He has now cleaned the beast. Here is what it looked like before cleaning at the end of the test:
4886_2302996073077286_8111704148392542208_o-969533.jpg
6606_2302996183077275_3440313656439472128_o-969534.jpg

Here are Pavel's words:

15 thousand in month.
Just unboxing and shoot.
Oiling every 500 shot.
4 IPSC competitions
Only reloading ammo 124FMJ
One misfire.
One malfunction.
Now I'll clean it because every training I'm to dirty 1f602.png "

Updating this thread. Got a 9mm compensator for $13 here and I'm impressed by the amount of porting on the top or towards the top of it which is what I was looking for. I'm going to try it out this week if possible and see if it reduces recoil and if it has any affect on cycling.

Here is a pic from the side, top, and what it looks like on the gun FYI:
Side view
C8FF5A06-6847-431B-9898-D32079B351A0.jpeg
Top view
FCA6DAB9-77DA-452E-8B50-A1AA53F9EC43.jpeg
2CA64283-974C-4AB2-A61E-49C8B51DC91E.jpeg

Tried out the $13 compensator today and it's totally not worth it. I was like, "Wow these gun is jumpy all of a sudden". Tried HST 124gr, blazer brass 115gr, and hornady critical defense 115gr and no issues as far as cycling. After taking it off I was like "Ahhhh smooth". I've heard of others having good luck with compensators but myrecomendation is not to bother with this one.

On the plus side shooting this gun today was an absolute blast!

Was it me or was garand thumb running a booster on a fixed barrel? Good way to get a baffle strike.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like the pistol caliber carbine craze is a little contrived. There are a bunch of them dumping into the market place recently including the Scorpion Micro, the B&T, hell even Noveske put one out. This rather pains me to say because I love the 9mm caliber but I feel like shooting them is somewhat bland. I will say that they are very cheap to shoot and that's a big bonus I just feel like it's not exactly a visceral experience. Maybe shooting them suppressed is better and since I have a 9mm can in jail, I'll soon find out.

I just watched Garand Thumbs review and he seemed to like it a lot. The Stribog seems well priced for what you get. I ended up building a Colt pattern 9mm AR last year since I felt CZ was never going to actually release the micro Scorpion (and then they did and I didn't care anymore). I want to run suppressed so having a roller lock or delayed blowback system might be better for noise reduction. Will have to keep tuned in on that.

I had one and really liked it, but after shooting it for awhile, I realized I would much prefer a PCC, not a PCP.

If G.O. were to bring the full 16in barrel model over with a AR grip/trigger and it took either Glock or Colt style mags, I'd be all over that!

I had one and really liked it, but after shooting it for awhile, I realized I would much prefer a PCC, not a PCP.

If G.O. were to bring the full 16in barrel model over with a AR grip/trigger and it took either Glock or Colt style mags, I'd be all over that!
I don't mind the pistol part, I'll jump on one if they make it like this prototype.
1571873342707.jpeg

Yea I wonder how many of the prototypes that show up will actually become products. A few weeks ago I saw 2 different videos with stribogs shooting metal uzi mags. The videos disappeared within 1 day I think it was. It's neat to see what they may be working on.

I think that metal lower prototype shown above was from a third party as I recall? The one that makes aftermarket barrels etc can't remember the name.

My hope is that they do bring the A3 roller locked version in 2020. Graham Bates said it was very smooth shooting and the couple videos of full auto roller locked ones seem to have very low recoil. Roller locked version will supposedly be $200-$250 more than current but may well be worth it. We'll see.

Last Edited:
I was able to test fit a Colt style mag in mine. Got it to lock in but it was barely hanging on. Lol
Could only get it to feed (hand cycle) a few rounds before it would start having feed issues. I think it would run fine if it had a mag adapter. Just too much slop to run as is....

I like the fact that the aftermarket is really starting to take off for the Stribog. The current setup is plenty adequate for the average shooter but there are some minor short comings that the serious shooter will want to fix/change. Glad to see that is being addressed in the aftermarket....:cool:

I was able to test fit a Colt style mag in mine. Got it to lock in but it was barely hanging on. Lol
Could only get it to feed (hand cycle) a few rounds before it would start having feed issues. I think it would run fine if it had a mag adapter. Just too much slop to run as is....
That's very interesting because in the videos it looked to me like the guns had a white '"adapter" in the magwell. Probably for the very reason you are talking about. That's a good find/good experiment! It could be that the videos were posted by someone testing out a third party or grand power adapter and then later the company made them take them down.

When the subject of using Colt mags was brought up, someone did a comparison between them, the Stribog and a couple others if my memory is correct. There was a comparison chart complete with caliper measurements. So the idea of a way to make the Colt mags work has been around a while....

For those interested in braces, I had a hard time estimating actual brace width via online research. So here are some pics of: a) a thin one (sig contour brace with folding adapter -$155 at optics planet), b) a medium thin one (Sb mini mounted on sig brand brace tube and folding adapter -$53 for rubber brace only on sale at optics planet), and c) a thick one (sig Sb-15 I think is the name, original/ older sig brace from sig mpx $70- 125 cheapest I could find used depending on if it has folding adapter ).

A) sig contour brace (rubber part of brace rotates) E6717830-1A62-4F53-8329-368FE87BC2E6.jpeg
1EE0CB78-09CC-4FD6-99C8-211DA0023282.jpeg
B) Sb mini brace on brace tube is on top, sig contour brace on bottom ADF2F780-225B-4D9E-9A28-5D25718B7E99.jpeg
Sb mini side view (note that tube and folding adapter does not come with Sb mini) 4B3BC841-1052-4A51-97A8-F1EC49C2A019.jpeg
C) sb15 (in front) next to sig contour (attached to gun). Sb15 quite a bit thicker
69144B5B-BBA4-4732-989F-80B4A2533BBA.jpeg

Last Edited:
Thanks for the informative info.
The added regarding the braces is especially well played. :)

I like the SIG Contour. Isn't that notorious for rotating? I think so.
A large roll-pin might fix that issue.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top