JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With 23 robots currently surfing this site as I type.
1 & 3 are now in the cloud, Sorry BH, may as well mark them off your list.

My eyes aren't so great anymore, came across the term "recital feature" and made me think of an exam, not anything I care to sing about. We talking iris or retina scanner maybe?

Steve

Last Edited:
I have no idea what your post is about or what you're trying to come across as but
With 23 robots currently surfing this sight as I type.
1 & 3 are now in the cloud, Sorry BH, may as well mark them off your list.

My eyes aren't so great anymore, came across the term "recital feature" and made me think of an exam, not anything I care to sing about. We talking iris or retina scanner maybe?

Steve

Does it give you the local wind direction? If so it probably needs your location to do that since it most likely pulls that data from a weather service. It's unlikely that it would grab the location information from photos already in your phone, so you could always turn off the location feature on your phone before you start the app. Easy thing to forget once in a while though.

no you have to input every single parameter.
Does it give you the local wind direction? If so it probably needs your location to do that since it most likely pulls that data from a weather service. It's unlikely that it would grab the location information from photos already in your phone, so you could always turn off the location feature on your phone before you start the app. Easy thing to forget once in a while though.

I guess I don't truly know. I have not used it myself I've only seen it been used by someone else. I did not want to download it due to the permissions that it wanted me to accept.

I don't understand the whole robots thing the cloud thing And the BH thing. could you clarify?

There are "bots" in every aspect of the internet, some are data-stealing, some not. He was saying there were several on this site, right now.
Never heard of "cloud storage"? It's the internet, basically.
BH is YOU, billhilly.

I use Strelok for my calc, and love it. It's free, unless you want the Plus version, and I have found no need for it, personally. I also have it on an older phone, that is not, technically, connected to a phone network. It will still connect to Wifi, but I have no need to connect it now that I have the app installed. I think you're being a little overly-paranoid about the permissions, but then again, I'm not really worried about anyone messing with the range I shoot at. It is a great app to have

thanks for clarifying that. I do know what cloud storage is I guess I just didn't see that in the context
There are "bots" in every aspect of the internet, some are data-stealing, some not. He was saying there were several on this site, right now.
BH is YOU, billhilly.

I use Strelok for my calc, and love it. It's free, unless you want the Plus version, and I have found no need for it, personally. I also have it on an older phone, that is not, technically, connected to a phone network. It will still connect to Wifi, but I have no need to connect it now that I have the app installed. I think you're being a little overly-paranoid about the permissions, but then again, I'm not really worried about anyone messing with the range I shoot at. It is a great app to have
that kind of sums that up. I Do Nowhat cloud storage is I guess I kind of miss that context.
BH is YOU, billhilly.

Here is my email thread with the creator of Strelok.

He also sent me the link (in thread) to the manual:
http://www.borisov.mobi/StrelokPro/android/configuration.html

After playing with it more, I found the slope feature I just missed it. With the camera turned on in the options of Strelok Pro you do in fact go to the camera interface and select OK for slope. Very nifty feature.

He is very quick in replies, and fairly straight forward. He could be lying about what he does with the program or how thorough the Google check might be for the application. Of course, he is selling this to a group of individuals who tend to be paranoid and tend to take their frustrations out on liars fairly quickly. So I would tend to think he is being straight with his answers.

If people have their own questions, I would suggest emailing him directly for your own answers.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: Strelok Question
To: Igor Borisov <[email protected]>

Igor,
Thank you so much! Sometimes the user interface is so simple, you over think it.

Thanks again,
Have a great day.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Igor Borisov <[email protected]> wrote:
You measure slope angle with camera and after tapping OK button slope angle value will be transferred to the mathematical engine. You don't need to take a picture.
Here is small manual: http://www.borisov.mobi/StrelokPro/android/configuration.html
Igor Borisov

On 11 Feb 2015, at 20:18, Morpheus wrote:

Igor,
Thank you for your answers.

Do you have a usage guide somewhere? I ask because I'm trying to test the camera slope angel, but can't seem to get it to work. I found in my copy of Strelok Pro where to turn on the camera, but can't see where to take the picture or load it into the application for analysis.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 8:13 AM, Igor Borisov <[email protected]> wrote:
Google check any application placed to the Market for this subject. Of coarse, my app do not do anything illegal.

Igor Borisov

On 11 Feb 2015, at 20:05, Morpheus wrote:

Igor,
Thank you so much for your reply. I had a quick follow-up question. A person I was talking with was concerned that you have access to data stored on the phone. Do you ever pull data from your application? Does your UELA agreement talk about not doing this?

Thank you,

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 8:56 PM, Igor Borisov <[email protected]> wrote:
Strelok+ = Strelok (free) + about 250 reticles + truing feature +WeatherFlow support + ability to use camera for measure slope angle

Strelok Pro can (and Strelok+ can not) :
- can store unlimited quantity of rifles and cartridges with ability to add and delete rifles and cartridges
- can account density altitude
- can calculate trajectory with G7 drag-model
- can use custom drag-functions instead ballistic coefficient
- can use Lapua radar data
- can calculate bullet gyroscopic stability factor
- can calculate bullet spin drift
- can calculate bullet vertical deflection from cross-wind
- can calculate Coriolis effect
- can calculate moving target lead
- can get weather from internet
- can use weather data from Kestrel weather meters via bluetooth
and has vertical correction turret on the Reticle screen

Camera - to measure slope angle with camera
Microphone - to use WeatherFlow wind meter: http://weatherflow.com/windmeter/

Igor Borisov

> On 11 Feb 2015, at 03:28, Morpheus wrote:
>
> Greetings,
> I have a few questions regarding your Strelok programs.
>
> I noticed in the Android play store you have Strelok, Strelok Pro and Strelok+. What are the differences between these three programs?
>
> I noticed that Strelok+ and Strelok Pro both require Camera and Microphone access. What is this used for, I don't see any features that use the camera or microphone. Why do you request this access?
>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top