JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to long range shooting. I was going to download strelok ballistic calculator until it wanted permission to my picture and media files. It concerns me because pictures and videos on a phone have date, time and location data embedded with the file. Could this be a way for them to compile locations and distances of ranges you shoot at? I'm not trying to be paranoid but there are places i would prefer the general public not to know about...

There are a few futures in Sterlok that allow you to get an angle on the shot by using your camera. It also has a recital feature I think.

I really do like it as a ballistic calculator. I like to balance review it between Shooter.

Wow. That Was So Helpful... It Has Nothing To Do With Someone Out To Get Me. I Don't Want To Go Shooting One Day To Find Some YahooS Turning ABeautiful Place Into A Trash Dump With Broken glass And Crap.

I Guess I'll Give It A Try.QUOTE="Morpheus, post: 1222071, member: 447"]There are a few futures in Sterlok that allow you to get an angle on the shot by using your camera. It also has a recital feature I think.

I really do like it as a ballistic calculator. I like to balance review it between Shooter.[/QUOTE]
i

I have been using it and Shooter for a while now. They all have pros/cons for their intended use.

The file access, GPS access and blue tooth access are usually used to get you more accurate information for your shooting. Could they be used to send out information regarding your shooting, yes. Are they? I don't think they are doing that, otherwise people would figure it out eventually and freak out.

Doesn't mean they aren't doing that of course. I've emailed the created of Strelok to try and get some questions from them.

I have been using it and Shooter for a while now. They all have pros/cons for their intended use.

The file access, GPS access and blue tooth access are usually used to get you more accurate information for your shooting. Could they be used to send out information regarding your shooting, yes. Are they? I don't think they are doing that, otherwise people would figure it out eventually and freak out.

Doesn't mean they aren't doing that of course. I've emailed the created of Strelok to try and get some questions from them.

Please post what they tell you?

I just feel that there may be interested parties out there that would love to know where we're shooting what we're shooting and what kind of distances were shooting and this could possibly be a way for them to get that information

Check out any of the apps that you download to your phone - if you download any. They all have some sort of disclaimer for them to look at your contacts, location, correspondence, etc, etc, etc. Even the apps that you pay for.

If "they" want, they will do it without your permission or knowledge.

My guess? They aren't going to take your information and sell it (or post it) to others looking for shooting areas, or distances.

It is true about downloading anything to your phone...... beware.

If you want a computer to do your calculations, you could always get a Kestrel 4500NV APPLIED BALLISTICS Shooting Ballistics Bundle Package Deal. Though they run about $650 before tax/shipping.

that sounds like a fantastic device. But I think I should probably get another year or two of experience before I drop that kind of money. I have noticed that every app does want some kind of permission that's why I don't download many apps and I normally take the battery out of my phone when I head into the mountains.
If you want a computer to do your calculations, you could always get a Kestrel 4500NV APPLIED BALLISTICS Shooting Ballistics Bundle Package Deal. Though they run about $650 before tax/shipping.

I have a 5.11 watch wit a ballistic calculator. But then I'm a dinosaur and I don't want a smart phone with apps!

Mine is the Titanium with Mechanical arms. But then I'm a dinosaur right.
I've used it for 7 years or so with my Barrett. And it works well.

In case your wondering. A watch is a device used in the last century. It has a future called a ''strap'' that allows you to secure it to your wrist.

If your still scratching your head. Just go down to any museum [Be sure to ask for antiquated devices] and check one out.

Good luck.;)

Last Edited:
good thinking medic. But I'm one step ahead of you. I was already on my way down to the museum to check out their new exhibit they call it a VHS player.
I have a 5.11 watch wit a ballistic calculator. But then I'm a dinosaur and I don't want a smart phone with apps!

Mine is the Titanium with Mechanical arms. But then I'm a dinosaur right.
I've used it for 7 years or so with my Barrett. And it works well.

In case your wondering. A watch is a device used in the last century. It has a future called a ''strap'' that allows you to secure it to your wrist.

If your still scratching your head. Just go down to any museum [Be sure to ask for antiquated devices] and check one out.

Good luck.;)

Edit= And buy the way. ''No sh!t Sherlock" I mean strelock. For me.:s0030:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews